1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST VACUM SEALER

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

My Foodsaver took a crap after 2 years and only 3 uses. Whats the best under 4 to 5 hundred dollars? Thanks, Jeff

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Damn, i've had my FoodSaver now for almost 10 years. Mine is one of the smaller ones just over a $100 back then. Its bagged countless deer, fish and other game not to mention leftovers. I'd say you got a bad one or did something wrong. Cabelas has some nice SS industrial looking savers but i don't know anything about them.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

for $1400 you can buy a chamber system. I know thats a lot of money but they are unbelieveable and will save lots in bags. we bag all the clubs meat with one and it never loses it seal, is fast and you never get the blood or other liquid into the seal or machine. We have a Vac Master VP215.

4. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

How about one for under $10. I have a Foodsaver that I paid $125 for. Since I got the littleZiploc hand pump vacuum sealer, I have not used the big Foodsaver. You get a starter kit with pump and a few bags for under $10 at Wally World, and I swear it works as well as the big electric sealers. It removes the air in about the same time as the big sealer, and does as good of a job. I am more than pleased with it.

5. setool

setool Member

2 foodsavers in the $hitcan later, I bought Cabelas Commercial Grade. Best money I've spent in quite a while. Hands down, 100 x the Foodsaver toys.

Mark Schneider

6. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have gone through 2 of the Tillia Professional model vac sealers. They did a reasonable job, but the cost of bags or bag rolls were quite expensive. At my archery dealer trade show, I was introduced to the ARY Inc. model VP 112C - VacMaster Pro 112. This model can be bought for around $600. If you can afford this machine, Its well worth it. I use mine very often and the savings on bags alone will pay for it in a few years. This is the sealer that commercial charter fishing boats use to seal their clients fish. Google Vacmaster 112c and check it out. The only thing bad is that it weighs 60#. Bill Hom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.