1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best UTV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kybullseye, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

I'm in the market to buy a new utility vehicle for mainly shooting and some light hunting. Looking at a midsize utv, mainly the Kubota RTV500 or the Kawasaki Mule 610. Polaris has the Ranger 400 coming out, but I can't find one in my area. Don't want a fullsize utv because I would have to buy a bigger trailer. Leaning towards the Kubota since it is fuel injected, but don't know if its worth an extra $2000 over the Mule 610. Would like to hear some of your experiences both good and bad with either of these utvs.

Keith Dobson

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Be Careful suggesting you might be interested in a "non-American" product! There are a few on this site (NOT ME) that will try to rip off your head and sh#t in the hole for even mentioning something un-American!

AndyH ;-)

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any american made products of this type...the closest would be the Polaris ..I'm not sure but think they come from north of the border..I do know the Kawasakis to be bulletproof from my motorcycling days

4. BAP

BAP TS Member

I own 3 larger Mules and a kubota RTV 900. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. The Mule is lighter and goes through mud better but has no fuel gague and the brakes are expensive and will not hold up if used in the mud or sand( a drag stick would be better than their brake design). The Kubota is great on brakes and every department other than due to it's weight and frame design won't go through the mud as well. I like them both but use the Kubota 95% of the time. Bill Parson Jr.

5. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Our sister store has 2 of the 400 polaris in stock-located in Munising Mi. call Dave if interested 906-387-3920-tell him I told you to call-I get brownie points ha/ha Thank's Jim C

6. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The coolest looking mule I've seen was a Kubota owned by Michigan's V. Frank Woods at the Grand this year. It had a full cab and was AIR CONDITIONED. Frank didn't sweat the entire shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.