1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best unsingle combo for the $$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wolfee, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

Alright, I am bored at work so I will ask a quetion to maybe get some conversation started. What is the best unsingle combo for the money on the market? I would like to purchase one, and would like some input.

2. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

beretta 687

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you have the money by all means buy the Beretta in the 682 Gold e or the 687 version. Failing that, consider an SKB. The SKB doesn't have the pedigree or peer approval that the Beretta has. But the barrels are back bored, forcing cones are done, adj comb and costs a lot less than the Beretta.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

I have considered an skb, but the low resale value kinda pushes me away. I really like the looks of the 687 that joel etchen has, but it is a drive for me I don't like doing gun deals online. I have wondered if the 682 is reallly worth the price difference.

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

wolfee

My main gun is a 680 combo which was before the 682's.

It has treated my very well since 1983 .

Even have a few nice pieces of hardware to display from shooting it.

I doubt if you could buy a new beretta now days for $1,442.00 for the combo Unsingle34" and 32" over and unders.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/guns/craigs/?action=view&current=IMG_5528.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Good advice Pat.

I was going to say a used K-80 combo. It is a great gun and it will not depreciate any if at all.

don

7. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

gotta sayit..... go kolar! great gun for the money and they are made in america

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think "for the money" is the most important part of this question...Has to be Browning...It is a sturdy and tough set thats shoots great and will last a lifetime..2nd place would have to be the new Guerrini's...I know that the K and P guns are nice also but I can't think of anything to justify that much more money...they are still just a piece of pipe on a chunk of wood

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have had experience with a couple of Beretta combos which did not shoot to Point of Aim. When I mentioned it to another very experienced shooter he said he had seen the same thing. They are great guns - just make sure the one you are buying shoots straight. Beretta will not do anything to correct the problem.

10. bubba68

bubba68 Member

Wolfee - I can understand your uneasiness about gun dealing online. BUT - I have purchased two guns from Joel Etchens over the years - TOP NOTCH to deal with. I have no qualms whatsoever in dealing with Joel!!!

I would imagine many on here would agree with me.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I would venture to say that you will find nothing negative about Joel on here or anywhere else.

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll triple those remarks about Joel Etchen - still shooting the KS-5 Special he sent me in the mail; clear to the left coast even.....breakemall...Bob Dodd

13. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I am in the same situation, buying a unsingle combo. I decided to go with the Browning Cynergy unsingle combo. I talked with Browning on Monday the guns will be sent out to the dealers in May. Able Ammo has a fantastic price on them plus you get the Browning rebate, 100 dollar gift card, hard case etc tough to beat this deal and the unsingle barrel has an adjustable rib.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Joel is AAA#1..you won't deal with a more straight up gentleman

15. ZELMO1

ZELMO1 TS Member

Joel Etchen is a real gentleman, meaning he is a man of his word. I recently bought a 682 LTD from him. It is everything he said it was and at a fair price. The 687 combo is the best for the $$$. If you have the extra, get the 682 gold. You will love both. Good luck.

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I have a decent Beretta 680 combo for $1900 + shipping to the lower 47 (48 minus California). 34 unsingle and 32" OU. Adjsutable butt and comb. Email if interested. If you are in the area of the Minneapolis, you're welcome to test drive.

Bob

17. Erik W

Erik W Member

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ok, I will give the Buyer of the Cynergy combo some free advice. Not now and not ever would I buy a Browning with the customer service they have. If you buy a gun from Joel Etchen ( Beretta dealer) he will take care of any negative issues should they arise. If you can't get your Browning dealer to do the same you will have to deal with Browning customer service and welcome to hell! Hope you don't need your gun for the rest of the trap season because it will be there for longer then trap season runs. Price is a consideration for many of us( Myself included) but service is even more important to many of us with limited means as we can not afford for our main gun to be down for three months. I can't afford to shoot a Browning because of the service. If you don't believe me make a post about Browning service and the people who have used it, what they had done, and how long it tok to complete. I think you will see what I mean in a hurry. Jeff

19. JCS

JCS TS Member

What is your price range ?

You can get a " best for the money " combo for under $2000 and quite another for $10,000

And yet another if you are looking for " best value " for the money .

20. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Ive been shooting an XT Trap and I'm shooting a BPS Trap right now. I have never needed Brownings service however I did have a 686 Beretta top single that patterned to the left, I thought it was me but from the above posts I guess it wasn't. I also had a 682 Gold E that always banged my middle finger(trigger guard) I'll wait for the Cynergy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.