1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Uni-Single Combo Under $4500.00 WTB

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Timbob44, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

0   0   0

Hey All, I have a budget of $4500.00 to work with. In your humble advise what is the best Un-Single Combo in this price range. Thanks, Tim

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There's only three I can think of off hand for new guns.

Browning XT Combo (which I have and really like) a Beretta 682 Gold E (which a friend of mine has and really likes) and a SKB Combo (which another friend has and likes). I'm not too sure of the availability of the SKB anymore, you'd have to check on that.

I would recommend the Browning but the Browning and Beretta are real close in quality. The SKB maybe a little less quality and price but still a good gun for the money.

Bill

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Release or pull trigger!!

4. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

0   0   0

skb in my opinion is the best value and quality for the price of any combo, they can be picked up for 3 grand or less

5. rdf59

rdf59 Member

0   0   0

A dealer from Gaithersburg, MD has a lot of SKB's on Gunbroker.com.

Select shotguns, doubles, O/U and then narrow your search to SKB.

They are good values.

6. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

0   0   0

You have a PM.
    Jim

7. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Your budget is really close to a Dt-10 or decent Perazzi combo if your patient and shop.Jerry

8. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

I second Jerry on this one. Buy a Perazzi if you can--it's money well spent. I know a lot of trapshooters have Brownings--I used to be one of them--but you'll be much better off with a Perazzi. There's just no comparison.

9. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

0   0   0

get an extra trigger with the P-gun

10. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

You have a PM

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Buy the 682

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

The 682 by far..they shoot forever and dont have removeable triggers because they dont break

13. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

0   0   0

Just bought a Joel etchens 687 for 4600.00 withh eell wood check out his web site joeletchens.com Great beretta guns for the money

14. mikeo65

mikeo65 TS Member

0   0   0

I've just purchased (this past Tuesday) the Browning Unsingle Combo from Guns Unlimited... so far I like the way it feels and handles.. Use the extra budget for getting the gun custom fitted to you... or spend the rest on shells..

Just my two cents..

-Mike O.

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

If you decide to go Browning..get the Monte Carlo stocked gun and have somebody reputable like Ruck or Tron to name a couple to install their aftermarket adjustable comb..you'll thank yourself in the end as the hardware they will use will hold its adjustments forever and last just as long

16. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Caesar Guerini!!! Great guns, state of the art features, very good triggers, great barrels, reliable, GREAT service (if you ever need it) lifetime warranty! A great value IMHO. I shoot CG, Ljutic & Blaser and feel that in this price range, <$4500, a "nearly-new" CG is a must-see option.

Good luck!

WNCRob

17. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

IMO Joel Etchen 687 Trap Combo for about $4100 new. They hold thier value well cause the JEs have special serial numbers and several unique JE features so those you buy them hold on to them. Moderatley used JE combo go for 3200 to 3800 based on condition and mileage.

While not new, the other contender would be a slightly used Guerini Summit Unsignle combo 34/32 that go for about $4400 to $4800. New ones are a lot more but every once in a while a combo pops up here. The new one combo exceed your threshold.

The Beretta 682 combos cost almost the same as the Joel Etchens and they are almost the same but their resale value is $2800 to $3500 based on condition and mileage. They do have a removable/adjustable trigger which the JEs dont have...

The SKBs are good intro combos and great values but not on par with the JE 687, Beretta 682 nor Guerini Summit combo. If you get them at the right price, you can resaell them for what you pay.

Good luck.

18. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Perazzi MT-6 combo, 32"o/u, 34" unsingle, choke tubed, should be some around in your price bracket.

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

0   0   0

Etchen 687 unsingle combo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is uni single trap gun