1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Trophy Program i have seen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

At the Southwestern Grand the trophies were outstanding. If you won an event you received a beautiful Medallion with a red,white and blue ribbon. The back of the medallion was engraved for the event you won. Futhermore you would also get an All Americam points pin. To make the picture even better you would be sent a catolog for additional engraved trophies that you could pick yourself. The trophies you can order were either bronze, crystal and made from some other materals. No cheap trophies. I thought this was an outstanding idea.

2. smsnyder

3. smsnyder

4. smsnyder

( Americase is to heavy to hang around my neck and i can't hang it on the wall.) LOL Besides that I allready got one like most shooters. I think medillion trophies with an additional catolog to pick your own trophies is the better way to go. Everyone happy than.

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

smsnyder,

Do you drive a chevy or ford or something else. I think you can see where I am going with this. Picking the trophies is a thankless job, and no matter what you get, "someone" will complain. Trust me.

Rick in MT

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Yukon I am not ordering pendants for around your neck.At least you know what you won and what its for.

7. smsnyder

No its not thankless. Medillions are very beautiful award. They can than pick from a catolog another trophy. It could be a leather shell case ,crystal glass trophy,gun case etc. All which are engraved. Make alot of sense.

8. smsnyder

(Now this is a bad trophy.) Still don't know what they are geese or turkey's? Try to get this on an airplane. My friend won a wooden duck. BOTH made in CHINA at a major shoot. Heck it cost us $3000 for the week. What a bargin. Wonder if the oylimpics give away wooden ducks. LOL

9. smsnyder

Anyone who wants to own this fine trophy must shoot 25 staight and you an own it. LOL

10. smsnyder

Yukonjack222, to funny. How much did you spend in a year trapshooting to win that fine flashlight?

11. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

what about the guys that shoot and don't win anything?

Rick in MT

12. smsnyder

Rick in Montana. How about the guy who never wins and finally wins. He is now a proud owner of a wooden duck a trophy like i got above made in China or a flashlight that don't work? I believe trophy quality is getting better since this sport is so expensive.

13. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Earl,
    Are you the same guy that has been on these threads complaining about sandbagging and the shooter NOT getting any yardage and winning all the time. Keeping the average Joe (New shooter)from getting a trophy. Seems like it's ok when the other shoe is on your foot doesn't it? You have been on here for 2 months telling us about your wins in your yardage group and not getting a punch I say good for you but you can't have both ways. Seems to me you wouldn't mind staying there as long as you win a trophy.

14. smsnyder

Penguin, before you speak you should look at the facts. Four months ago I asked for a yardage increase from the 19 to the 20. It was granted. I was told I must stay there for two years. The reason I did that is I felt I was better than the 19 yard line and would not be fair to other shooters to compete against me. Well I was correct. As far as sandbagging, I would never due that or complain about that. It just not ethical to sandbag in my book. Now that I have 6 yardage group wins under my belt I would gladly take on another yardage increase but the rules do not permit it. Your statement was wrong. Thank you. By the way I think if a person wins his yardage group in handicap 3 times in a year they should get an automatic yard. That would be fair to other shooters. Also this thread is about quality trophies not hearsay.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Earl--I think you are misunderstanding the requested yardage move.

I believe you can still move back further when granted a punch. You just can't move closer for 2 years. You better check that out to make sure. If you have six wins and did not take your punches, that would be cheating.

In other words, no reductions for 2 years. You still must take your punches(earned yardage) when you earn them. So how many trophies were won on the wrong yardage?

Can somebody confirm what i'm saying?

I believe it states what i'm saying here in so many words:

ASSIGNED YARDAGE INCREASES
    a. A member may appeal an assigned yardage increase by writing to the ATA office, to the attention of the Executive Director after having shot 500 targets at the assigned yardage. After receiving a reduction based on such an appeal for any further reduction 1000 additional registered Handicap targets must be shot.
    b. There will be no yardage increase by shooter request beyond 25 yards. Subsequent to a shooter receiving an increase in yardage by request he/she will be ineligible for reductions from that yardage assignment based on 1000 target reviews for a period of 2 years.
    c. The only persons authorized to increase a member’s handicap yardage are member(s) of the Central Handicap Committee or voting member(s) of the Executive Committee.

16. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Earl,
    Help me out here what was the yardage group your wins came in? I understand you asked for an increase and thats great but you never left that group.Thank You

17. smsnyder

One more yard will put me at the 21 than out of that group. I really think the rule could be changed. Heck I guy could win 10 yardage groups in a year as long as he stays under 96 or doesn't,t have the high score. He would than be called a sandbagger. Penguin I never thought about the group at the time. I also had a problem squadding at the 19. I got No yardage punches for those wins. . Unbelieveable. 18 to 21 yardage group.

18. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

6 yardage class wins and no yardage punches last three months. Figure that? Best score been 95 in caps. Most of my wins have been in High winds. I tend to shoot fast so i probably have a little advantage in high wind conditions. Not hearsay to me this is your thread correct? 4 more to go to 10.

19. smsnyder

Penguin, yep 4 more to get to 10. I didn't think that was possible but that's the rules. Wonder if it can happen with no punches. I wonder if I am in line to ask for another yardage increase based on ability?

20. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Earl your words from above quote "Heck I guy could win 10 yardage groups in a year as long as he stays under 96 or doesn't,t have the high score. He would than be called a sandbagger" But as you say "thats the rules" No hearsay just your own words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooters best trophy