1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best trigger and it's affect?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dove Commander, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Been shooting some new guns, looking for a handicap gun. Seitz, Alfermann, Mach One, Bowen, P-gun, K-80, Ljutic are all options. Loaded question: thoughts on best trigger speed and reliabilty? Some people even claim their triggers are so much faster that lead and POI are affected. True?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is true. Find a gun with a trigger that is adjustable for weight of pull, sear engagement(creep), and over travel. Then you can set it the way you like it. HMB

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I just shot a MachOne shotgun for the first time last Friday evening, Dennis DeVaults gun. I now know what Harlan Campbell meant when he stated how this gun performs! Gives the term "quick" a new perspective to this shooter! It's lightning quick getting the shot out of the barrel when the upstairs computer says it's time to go!! Hap

4. Hap MecTweaks

MrkSLC, Dennis is now the sole owner, DeVault Industries LLC. I saw the new "Infinity" parts ready for assembly Friday. I was totally impressed with the precision and process these guns are made with. The barrel internals are smoother than any I've ever seen, 6 rems, most of the others out there are up wards of 12 or so. No heat used in the assembly of these guns, no changing the molecular structure of any parts in any way. Gives new meaning to this (life long metal man) with the precision engineered work of art in building this shotgun. Good for millions of shots.

Once these guns are on the market, the worth of the best built single gun to be had is bound to have some effect on market value, wouldn't you think? HapWantsA MachOne Infinity

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

In my search, I talked to Dennis and was impressed w/ his honesty and knowledge.
    Not being able to test fire an Infinity is a problem for me, but the new gun is still on the list. I shot an Alfermann, and was impressed w/ the lack of recoil and the trigger speed as well.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

MrkSLC,

That is a good question. Spend thousands of dollars on a target shotgun and you can't adjust the trigger. Does not make any sense. It is not a problem when you buy a target rifle, the triggers are fully adjustable. Even a Rem. 700 varmint rifle are fully adjustable and cost about $400.

A Rem. 1100 you clip or swap the trigger spring to change the weight of pull. The Rem. 3200 has adjustments, but not for weight of pull. HMB

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Keybear, Is your Seitz an adjustible rib model? If so, I understand they are lighter than the fixed rib. Correct? How is the trigger and recoil? Some say the Seitz kicks, others not?

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Thanks Keybear

9. Hap MecTweaks

The Infinity trigger is adjustable, for over travel and crispness. Hap

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Dennis D. will still service the Mach Ones of his previous design. I don't think they will depreciate. The new gun, the Infinity, per Dennis will have an upgraded trigger and even better balance and adjustibility. I'd like to at least see pics of it soon. I think he said 12-13 were sold and was hoping to get 5-6 models out for show soon.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Dove commander, as of Friday last, there were 19 or 20 already sold! Amazing "new" shotgun!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.