1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best trap machine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Timd3200, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Looking to build my own trap range for my personal and friends use. I was wondering for around 4000 or less what is the best trap for the money. I have experience with promatic traps at my gun club. Was wondering about atlas traps, promatic or something else. I have the perfect location on my farm. What do you all think. Thanks in advance.
    Tim

2. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Looking to build my own trap range for my personal and friends use. I was wondering for around 4000 or less what is the best trap for the money. I have experience with promatic traps at my gun club. Was wondering about atlas traps, promatic or something else. I have the perfect location on my farm. What do you all think. Thanks in advance.
    Tim

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Call Vince at 8132776543. You may be able to get a refurb Pat Trap for that price. Jake

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Call Vince at 8132776543. You may be able to get a refurb Pat Trap for that price. Jake

5. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I got a winchester-western turrent trap that I would like to sell. Was rebuilt 500 targets ago. I can't use it on my place neighbors have complained.

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I got a winchester-western turrent trap that I would like to sell. Was rebuilt 500 targets ago. I can't use it on my place neighbors have complained.

7. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I'll take it 509 429 1563

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I'll take it 509 429 1563

9. traploader

traploader Member

I have a machine that holds close to 300 targets and will oscillate for ATA and wobble presentations. If you want one that throws doubles I have another one that will do that too. It's in your price range. Send me a PM or call Ian at 250-216-8937.

10. traploader

traploader Member

I have a machine that holds close to 300 targets and will oscillate for ATA and wobble presentations. If you want one that throws doubles I have another one that will do that too. It's in your price range. Send me a PM or call Ian at 250-216-8937.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Timd3200, where are you located?

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Timd3200, where are you located?

13. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

I am located in south central IL.
    I have been reading trapshooters for 3 years. I just signed up last week. This is a great place. I have shot trap for 25 years at local derbys and meat shoots. I recently started shooting registered birds. Money and my job have kept me from registering more targets. I hope to shoot more in the future so I can shoot the grand with out penalty.

14. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

I am located in south central IL.
    I have been reading trapshooters for 3 years. I just signed up last week. This is a great place. I have shot trap for 25 years at local derbys and meat shoots. I recently started shooting registered birds. Money and my job have kept me from registering more targets. I hope to shoot more in the future so I can shoot the grand with out penalty.

15. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

There is a new trap company Apex Clay Traps. Andy Perkins and Simmon Hurley both foremore Promatic employees are building these machines. They are making sporting machines. I am working with them designing and building an ATA base for their machines. This would make you a very good machine in your price range. I have pics on my home computer I could email tonight. Mark Mauch, Four Star Fabrication & Machine. 402-684-2900

16. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

There is a new trap company Apex Clay Traps. Andy Perkins and Simmon Hurley both foremore Promatic employees are building these machines. They are making sporting machines. I am working with them designing and building an ATA base for their machines. This would make you a very good machine in your price range. I have pics on my home computer I could email tonight. Mark Mauch, Four Star Fabrication & Machine. 402-684-2900

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can get a used Pat trap for that price. They will throw many targets and use few parts.

Since they are the best, your choice is obvious.

HM

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can get a used Pat trap for that price. They will throw many targets and use few parts.

Since they are the best, your choice is obvious.

HM

19. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Here are some pics of the new Apex Traps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Here are some pics of the new Apex Traps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]