1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best trap gun for short female shooter???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by omahasportingsupply, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Was at the range Wednesday night and saw a lady shooting a BT99+ Micro and asked her if it was for sale. I always like to ask about these guns since they will adjust 10 ways to Sunday and the kids love them. She stated that if I could find her something better to shoot for around $2000 and the price of her gun (she just bought a new truck) the Micro + would be mine. She doesn't care for computers so the research is all mine. She stated that she wanted to go watch some top female shooters, but most of them are so tall that she can't relate to them.

She is 55+, 5'2"' tall, I would guess a sleeve length of 32 or 33", with small hands. She liked the fit of my little 3901 RL but would prefer that if she changed guns, to go to an O/U so she could shoot more doubles. She has heard of Wenig's ladies stocks but thought they were only for Semis. She probably won't spend over 3-4,000 since I heard her later telling another female that she was pricing a trike kit for her Goldwing. Quit fantasizing, she is already married.... I think. Don't ask me what she weighs or if she shoots 7.5 or 8s. She will look at new or used she said. She said she once looked at a PFS stock (fit is more important than recoil) but the grip was to far from the trigger. OK experts, what do I have to show her to get her to give up her MICRO+ ? She could become a good customer so I have to treat her right. What is your suggestion? You may email me directly if you would like. Really would like to hear from short, female trap shooters, or their husbands. Sorry this is not a troll.

2. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'm 5'3 and I shoot a Browning XT trap, but I had the stock cut down to fit me. I also had my 1100 stock cut down to fit me. My LOP Is 13 5/8, I have really short arms. I can't shoot the men's guns because they bruise me up because the stocks are just too long for me. Almost any gun will do if you have a gun guy you can trust to cut the stock down for you.

3. omahasportingsupply

Lori,
    <br> The Micro+ looked like it had no threads showing on the recoil pad. This should put it in around 13.25 if it is like my Micro+ gun. The kids love the 3901 RL at 12.5 LOP, especially junior high girls. Go figure.

4. kofh2

kofh2 Member

I don't know how much she likes her BT-99+ micro,I also have one and love it,but sitting next to mine in my safe is a Citori+ Micro combo I'm willing to sell.Yes they do exist some people claim they don't. I'ts a 32/30. Stock is about 1/2" shorter than standard, slimmer grip, slimmer forend, etc. In exellent condition. Bluing and metal 97% few handling marks on wood. Factory hard case. Etc,etc $3100. Email me if interested. Wouter (drop the x's)

5. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

I'm 5'2" and have a Browning XT that I had Todd Nelson "Country Gentleman" cut the comb and size to fit me. I'm a new shotgun shooter and have recently shot a 50 straight with this gun. I feel if the gun is perfectly sized to fit you, you KNOW it is up to you. The gun is ready and capable, the rest is up to you.

6. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

SKB makes a micro combo set

7. omahasportingsupply

Mac, I have drooled over that Wenig before. It sure is a pretty looking stock.

kofh2<br> That is news to me also. I knew Citori had Pluses but not a Micro combo set. What will you shoot then?

Titan<br>
    Have not looked at an SKB Micro.

8. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

i have a rl85tss from skb for my 10 year old son he is 4feet 10 inches tall and shoot its very well. what i like is all the ajustments to grow unsinglebarrel and dubble barrel it cost me under 3000.00 it has 13.5 length of pull.any question email me at tcenfarms@triwest.net

9. omahasportingsupply

Mac<br> I will have to check on the Wenig stock. This would allow her to pick any gun (except the one I want to buy) and still get a custom fit. How far backed up are they usually? I wonder how long it would take to go to MO?

Trappy <br> I know you are out of school but FOCUS. You must first read the question before you answer it! Your answer is not relevant to the question. Were you on my trap team this year? Go make up with your nagging girlfriend and No, I won't pay the freight. You sound just like one of my kids.

To the others that have replied, I may have to get her to try a 32" or 34" barrel before I can talk her into a combo gun like 34/32 or 32/30. Sleep needed, talk more later.

10. omahasportingsupply

I think she is leaning on keeping this gun. I overheard her talking about the trike would keep her motorcycle from tipping over so often. Where are her priorities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ar female trap shooters
best female trap gun

best female trap shooter

best trap gun for women
female trap shooters
ohio best female trap shooters
trap shooting girls gun for sale