1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Trap 'Game' to play?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mtimney, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Best Trap

Back in the 70's, we used to raise money at a couple of PA clubs by having 'steak shoots.' You'd shoot 10 birds at 20 yards. If you shot a perfect score you were in the shoot off. There was also a Lewis class and those shooters could go on to the shoot off too (usually a score of '7' hit the 'Louie'). Then we would start to 'follow the leader.' The first person could shoot from anywhere around the trap field, regardless of distance, as long as it was safe to attempt the shot. If you missed you were out. This continued until there was one person left and s/he got the steaks.

What games have you played like this one? Any of them work particularly well as a fund raiser?
    Mark T.
  2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Jun 30, 2006
    My first trap competition was turkey shoots over fifty years ago. We put up $2.00 each until we had five shooters. We shot one target per station for a total of five shots each. We had a score sheet with twenty five spaces and a cigar box with bottle caps numbered up to twenty five. A cap was drawn and if the corresponding target was broken, we had a winner. If you hit one target you had a chance to win. I gave a lot of turkeys to the game warden who doubled as the food bank in our area. Ron
  3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    In my childhood 45t years ago, 3,4and 5 bird shoots were constant and the clubs in my area and we had many 1 n 2 trap layouts. The 3 birders involved 6 shooters shooting 3 birds for $1. Intially some were shot off the concrete but within an hour most were being shot at 30 yds. on out to the ditch or parking lot. The 4 birders involved 8 shooters and 5 birders had 10 shooters. Also we had 2 or 3 protection/partner shoots during the afternoon. Then to the south and east me were the annie/knockout strongholds. To the west, colorados, and such. Really enjoyed playing these games and building loads to break 75 yard targets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best trap to game to