1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best tow vehicle behind motor home

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I have purchased a motor home,HR, 330 Cummins, 38ft and I need feedback on the best tow vehicle to pull. I also want to bring my golf cart.
    Pickup with golf cart in back? Trailer with both?
    Thanks to you that have experance in this for your help. Allen

2. ccridr

ccridr Member

Allen
    If you were to pull a trailer long enough to put a P/U and a golf cart on the deck it would have to be atleast 30 ft long, It would be in the way when in a camp grounds, usually only enough room to park the motor home and one car. The draw back to a pick up on a tow bar is they are really tough to back up, in fact it is recommended to back up with a tow bar. I have an Airstream and pull a 25 foot boat with ir. the boat trailer is 32 ft., and it is a bear to get in tight spaces. Hooked together, I am 66 ft. long.
    good luck with what ever you decide.
    Colby

3. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

There are a couple of tow dollies out there that are designed to carry a cycle or golf cart -- sideways, in front of the towed vehicle. They are a two axle tow dolley------ Bill

4. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I haul my golf cart in my towed pickup. It works fine, but of course, you can not back up with this setup. In over four years of use, this has never been a problem for me. If you get into someplace where you can't get out, you would have to unhook the truck and turn both vehicles around separately. As I said, I've never had to do this.

I also have pulled a stacker trailer with a golf cart, three Harleys and a car in it. This works good too but the trailer is very expensive. With this setup, I'm close to 70 feet long but the length doen't seem to be an issue.

Most motor homes pull their vehicle with all four wheels on the ground. This is the least expensive and easiest choice. You also don't have to find a place for the trailer or dolly while at the camp ground. Probably the reason most people do it this way.

Mark Zauhar

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I took a standard tow dolly and streached it 10 feet. Put the golf cart on the front and car in normal place. Currently building a way to carry motorcycle in place of car or golf cart. Saturn is the choice of most who tow 4 down. Jake

6. ccridr

ccridr Member

I have a stacker trailer like Mark mentioned. It is for sale for $3500.00.
    Colby

7. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Flat towed a jeep cj5 for a while. Not real high class for going out to dinner but pretty fun for just getting around. If you haven't bought the golf cart yet, might want to look into the Rhino by Yamaha. It is unstoppable. EZ-go also makes a 4wd electric. I would think convertible. Miata, Jeep, Land Rover D90, Just my $.02.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Here ya go. Lots of info.

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

You've put yourself in a bit of a bind wanting to bring 2 extra vehicles with you. I've tried both flat towing and dolly towing and for me there is no contest...a dolly is best. With it I can tow anything I own without the aggravation of having to buy / install / remove a brake system from the thing I'm towing. In your position, I would definitely look for a utility trailer just large enough to hold my golf cart because you obviously overlooked <I>this option</I> <<< (click).

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.