1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best to Reblue Model 12?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a 1 of 5, 1976 Model 12 gold enlayed Bicentennial gun w/ letter from the factory. While moving, I put the gun in my son's vault in his garage till my gunroom was done. Evidently it got some moisture and there is a spot on the receiver that rusted. The entire frame needs reblued. It is a matt finish with gold bird enlays and engraving, so I'll be picky about who does it. Would like your best suggestions of who to contact. Giacomo did my Mod 21 and did nice job.
    Any othersout there that specialize in Winchester blueing?

John Rosebrock

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Contact Dave Riffle, I'm sure he can tell you.

Big Dave

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

Stu Wright says he uses the original Winchester formula. I had him do a reblue on a Model 12 last year and it was a nice job.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

Stu Wright says he uses the original Winchester formula. I had him do a reblue on a Model 12 last year and it was a nice job.

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

9. Bridger

Bridger Member

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The biggest problem I have seen with re-blues is the buffing of the receiver. All the sharp corners are ruined.

When Winchester used to refurbish guns they left the corners crisp like the originals.

Havent seen one lately. Hope there are quality re-blues being done.

Regards Gerald

11. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Sommons gun specialties,they did all the ribs and I had one done many years ago that was high loster and flawless.Jack

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Regardless where I send it, I will be taking a lot of pictures of it first. I've heard it has to be done correctly, or it will turn purple. It is a Y model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best model 12 reblue smiths

need to get my model 12 winchester reblued

reblued browning model12

who is best to reblue model 12

winchester model 12 reblue

winchester model 12 rebluing

winchester model 12 restoration service

winchester model 12 shotgun reblue