1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best tire value for a mb c230 sport?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

got about 45k off of the factory tire. anybody have an opinion on the best tire for a sport sedan; performance vs cost vs mileage? thanks

2. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Call the Magic Negro at the big white house. He'll know the perfect tire make, size and pressure to insure optimum performance and longevity! You'll be all set! Tim

3. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Have "the one" inflate them with hot air while you're there. Careful some rubber melts, and some rubber leaks, vuala a crappy president.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

For my wife's 5 series, best tire value, hands down is Continental. Made in the USA.

regards,

Jay

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Ask the question on the above forum, lots of information from MB owners.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You'll be lucky to get 35K out of any tire for a MB. Except maybe Goodyear Eagles. Tires last about 30-35k on my 300D. I've got 205K on the car, so I've bought a lot of tires.

7. oz

oz Active Member

I was a MB tech for many years. without a doubt Michelin. oz

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

After thirty years in the tire industry this much I can tell you. There is not "best tire". Tires are a product of compromise, they do some things well and other things not so much. What are you trying to get from the tires? Great preformance as a rule, means shorter tread life. Great wet traction and good milage means longer tread life but only fair preformance. Id' look at the Pirelli tires line for a Benz Michelin is ok but more money and not as forgivning a ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.