1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Time to Visit the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WI Trapshooter, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

I am planning to go to the grand american in 2010, not to shoot but just to watch the shooting and see all the venders. I was wondering if there is a best time to go, since it is 10 days long. I was also wondering if anybody knows the dates.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

WI, Why wouldn't you shoot while there. My scores were certainly nothing to brag about, but I still left having had great time on my first visit. Spectacular facility, I hope the IDNR is able to get a decent return on the investment the tax payers of Illinois made for us. Hope you shoot better than I did, it's too nice a place not to shoot and enjoy while you're there. Shoot often while we can, Bob

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes most certainly bring your gun and participate. It is fun no matter what your scores are. If i was going to do what you are talking about though i guess i would come the first Saturday or Sunday of the Grand. That is when it was really hopping with the AIM program going on as well as the regular events. Go and have fun non-the-less.-----Matt

4. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

I think that seeing the AIM program would be cool because I am a youth shooter (16 years old), What is the differance between the prelimanary and the grand?

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you're going shopping, the best selections are early, best prices late.

6. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

That would be one of the main reasons for going, but after hearing all of the encouragment to shoot I think I might try shooting just for fun/ the experiance.

7. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

Is the grand a good place to buy a gun?

8. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

rOCK

jIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.