1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best time to buy/sell shotguns?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Notime2, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

Ok all you veterans of TS.com I want to auction off some Brownings and Winchesters, and make the most money, any special months to list or avoid?

I know you buy when you find what your looking for, any other patterns that you have observed?

Thanks, Notime2

2. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

I would be interested in the Winchesters at any time. If is something I dont already have. Send info and pics to email addy above. Thanks, Tim

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Are you talking about hunting guns, target guns, antique/collector guns or what? Are the calibers common (like 12 gauge, or 3030 or 3006)? April is a lousy time to sell a hunting gun. If you have cold weather, early winter is a lousy time to sell a target gun. Collector guns it doesn't matter - what matters is finding the fish who just has to have what you are selling.

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Oops - you said shotguns and I replied in a generic way that included rifles. But the concept is still the same. Cannot quickly move a hunting gun in April. Many more potential buyers in late summer. I also see trap guns sell slower late in the season. If a person cannot get out and enjoy the new purchase right away.....

5. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I'm not sure. It seems as of late, people are asking a premium for mid-grade items.

6. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

Thanks. I want to order a new MX-20 before January price increases (need custom long stock) and sell standard length guns.

I thought I was late now as November hunting costs, December has people spending Christmas money, and by the time April comes around taxes empty their wallets.

I have the time to wait until late May for the Sporting/Trap and late August for the field guns. Fred

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Now. Usually between October 1st and January 30th. You would hit hunting season, Christmas holidays and then in January with people with Christmas money from returns etc. Sell, Sell. Dave T.

8. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

are there any gun shows in your area in the near future.i don,t know all the rules that apply to setting up a table at a gun show.maybe you know someone that will be setting up a table at a gun show. perhaps if you help them work the show they will help you sell your guns.. dwain

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you want to sell a trap gun wait until the price of shot goes down. There are a lot of sellers now , but not many buyers.

10. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

The best time to sell any gun is when the pirchaser is flush with cash

11. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

The best time to sell any gun is when the purchaser is flush with cash

12. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

The best time to sell any gun is when the purchaser is flush with cash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.