1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Threads From the Past

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

No one will ever forget Marty, the plagiarizing lawyer from Memphis and the way he came apart before our delighted eyes. Oh, those were the days!

Neil

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Navyshooter, hands down. He's still pooping Daredevils.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

My favorite was "Do Targets Fly". Lots of good discussion about aerodynamic lift and a wind tunnel test. Neil, isn't it about time to resurrect that topic?

Pat Ireland

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

several years ago there was a post describing the effect of overweight trapshooters having a gravitational pull on the birds, in relation to a full moon, and what station you were standing on. very funny.

tony

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I always thought the ones from our Indian friend were very clever. What the heck was his screen name?

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yeap, the fight to take place in Fulmer's parking lot was a classic. I think that might be the thread that lead to registering on this site. What a shame. I miss those days.

7. Tron

The Prince_of_Darkness's thread that compared Jesus at Easter to ground hog day was pretty damn entertaining too. Whoa! Lots of people lost it on that one.

8. sbhced

sbhced Member

"Shot from Bill Dawn" had about 50 posts when I first started reading here. I thought that was pretty darn funny.

Ed

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm still waiting for Martin H. Assisbig III to sue the pants off me.

I have a cold right now...and sometimes, when I am all chugged up like this and can't get to sleep, I close my eyes, breathe deeply, and imagine Martskers, the Dedicated Shooter, and Fulmer Fudd chained & padlocked to a tree with a hornet's nest on a low branch...then Grammie appears, shoves the key to the lock up Marty's a$$, whacks the nest with a stick, and walks away.

The alarm clock goes off too soon, those nights.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I thought Hugo's marital difficulties were great, especially when his wife got on.

HM

11. david

david Member

The oldest message of the over 860,000 messages is from 08-26-2005.

David

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

As a variation on the "best of" theme, my nomination for the funniest post on a thread goes to Halfmile.

A year ago this month, there was a thread titled, Moderators - Good Intentions. Apparently worn out by the discussion, Halfmile's contribution was:

"Good Lord. This is worse than the breast cancer self examination. Poke, squeeze, twist, peer, worry, agonize.

Blecchhhh,

HM"

-----------------------

Funny stuff HM!

sissy

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Easily, my first thread was the dumbest. Some would argue that may latest take the prize.

I'll have to look and see if my first is stil around on TS or Google. If it is, I'll post it.

14. navyshooter

navyshooter Member

It is awsome that I am thought about after several years of not posting. Hey tron are you ready for that challange yet. I havent been shooting for a few years so you might have a chance now!

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jerry944t, I'll bet you are thinking of YODA, aka Bucky, now living in Colorado and I've seen remarks from the gentleman within the last year.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I wish I could recall all the bad names I've been called, just for pulling chains.

17. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

No Bob, it wasn't Yoda. It was a parody of an Indian fellow who would do tasks for hire. It was very clever. I think his screen name went away when David cracked the whip.

My guess it was Neil in another name but I'm not sure.

18. Tron

Hey Navy, how's it been poppin'? Yeah, I'm up for it...but I can't remember what it was. Care to refresh my memory for old timers sake??

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=catch1166.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

OMG!!! Tuna Boat Sighting in TX !!!

20. navyshooter

navyshooter Member

I dont remember what it was either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.