1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Thing in Sporting ClaysI The ITB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgun 1, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I have no financial interest in this product. It's just so good, shooters need to know about it. Talk about target variety!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OVuZBvTBWk

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The website to buy one is at the end of the video

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Nice gizmo.

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have a promatic trap that I use for practice & while this looks great my trap wouldn't drop clays nor would the clays stay on the throwing plate if I set it at some of those angles shown in the video. I'm not sure how they overcome gravity with this device?

5. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Hunter 44,
    That is a stock Ranger trap. I was a bit surprised at the angles it would hold, but you can see for yourself. If a trap won't hold targets in place, Casey has some small brushes that can be added (He said use Shoe Goo) to hold them on. At the extreme angles, you might have a little trouble feeding when the target stack gets quite low (5-8 targets). Trap vibration will tip the targets in the column. As long as there is a bit of weight on the targets, they feed fine.It really is a great way to get premium trap versatility out of a standard trap.

MIA: Thanks for getting that in a clickable link! I tried, but "dumb" is hard to overcome in a short time frame.
    Dave

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Shotgun 1, My trap is a Super Hawk with a single turret feed.....I live pretty close to the Promatic distribution center, maybe I'll stop there & see about trading for a trap that would work with the ITB.

7. ITB

ITB TS Member

You may not have to replace your single stack feed machine unless you want to, we are introducing the solo shooter website will be updated soon showing a hawk on an ITB and the angles it will throw Regards
    Casey

8. cf4952

cf4952 Member

What's the link to the website?

9. ITB

ITB TS Member

Www.renairshotgunsports.com

Regards

Casey

10. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Nice product, but the web address is wrong on the video.........

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It was nice to be able to put a face on the guy I have read for years.

You guys need to make a better quality video with targets that can be seen through most of their complete flight. That white sky is awful.

12. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Wireguy,
    I'm with you on the sky, but here in Michigan, we're about five months away from good light. I'm used to catching clays with a DSLR, but have found clay targets are a real bugger to get on video. They seem to strobe no matter what. This was shot with a $3,000 video camera. When I worked with the guys at Delta Sports, they got better results, but then they are pros, so I guess they should.

This was a one man band, me. I'm a little short on production assistants up here in the woods. That said, the ITB is all it seems. The flatter targets are carrying 70-75 yards. The teal and chandelles all get good distance on them. There was no cranking down the springs to get anything to work. After years of hauling blocks and rocks to put under tires to get some face showing on targets, these things are like dying and going to heaven!Let your local range owner know about them!

One of the guys from ProMatic in England was at the World FITASC. When he saw the ITB's he was all over them. He said there are a lot of smaller European clubs who don't have traps that will throw chandells and such, nor can they afford to buy new ones, but he saw an immediate market for the ITB's. Those clubs could upgrade their target presentations immediately because they could afford to buy some ITB's. I suspect there are a bunch of clubs in the U.S. in similar circumstances.
    Dave

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It's extremely versatile, no two ways about it. I sent the link to my club pres.

14. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.