1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Tactical Style Knife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am in the market for a new pocket knife. This will be a daily used knife. I am looking for one that has a pocket clip. I am looking for something that will hold an edge, and is easy to sharpen. Any suggestions?

Matt Woodson

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

I use a SOG Flash II. Flash I, if you'd like bigger version of it.

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've carried two Benchmade pocket folders for over 20 years now. Both have been through 3 extended South American jungle projects and daily use around the farm. I'm rarely without at least one of them. I've only sharpened one, and it was done at a sportsman's show by the Benchmade people. Excellent knives, and American made. There are many to choose from, I've included their web site.

One word of advice, make sure that the pocket clip is on a "tip-down" model. (The painful voice of experience)

Kip

4. Ringneck

Ringneck TS Member

Get a genuine Victornox Swiss Army Knife, preferably a "Tinker" model. Easy to carry and easy to sharpen, the only knife you will ever need!

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Matt I have a Kershaw assisted opening knife by Ken Onion. The style knife is called the Chive. I have carried it for about five years it come out of the box shaving sharpe and a couple of whacks on a diamond or ceramic sharpener keeps it that way.

I have used it for every thing. It is the handiest knife I have ever had I can open and use it one handed. It always seem like with other knifes the only time I ever need them is when one hand is tied up trying to hold on to something.

The one I have(is on the page I have provided the web address for above)is plain black and is displayed on the page. It is a liner lock and is less than 3" closed the blade is just under 2" it come with a pocket clip. I have several different models but I like this one the best. They are all metal so the bigger knives seem a little to heavy.

Bob Lawless

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Any interest in an old Case

7. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Look at the Kershaw Blur assisted opening knife. Neil

8. o3dave

o3dave TS Member

Kershaw blur! No doubt. I own 3 and love em.

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

I got a Kershaw just a couple of weeks ago with the SpeedSafe.

It is as fast as a switchblade but not a switchblade.

Very sharp and handy to carry.

Don Verna

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Carried a Benchmade for 15 years. Even skinned an elk with it one day after I realized I left my skinning knives at camp about 5 miles away. I loved that knife. But it was stolen, really pissed me off. So for the past 4 years I've been carrying this Emerson and I like it alot. Holds a good edge and I use my knifes from opening card board boxes to cutting food, i.e., meat, apples, onions, etc... at lunch. Of course I have to sharpen on average once a month, but my knifes don't just carried around...

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Are Kershaw knives made in the USA?

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Matt in my post above I gave the Kershaw website address every knife has a little American flag in the add if you put your cursor on the flag it tells you that it is the country of origin.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.