1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Stock Butt Adjuster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 20yard, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I am trying to improve my gun fit. I bought Rollin Oswald's excellent book Stock Fitter's Bible and conclude I need a pad adjuster to correct a barrel canting problem. I need to add some pitch and turn the toe out some. I also want a new pad that is soft and flat my current one id trap curve formed making the toe fit problem worse. Any recommendations?

2. viscountn

viscountn TS Member

I thought Todd Nelson did an excellent job. I was fitted by him, and had two matching guns set up. His proprietary hardware is top shelf. www.gunfitter.com

3. Jim Graham

Jim Graham TS Member

In my opinion, Todd Nelson is the best, period. His adjustable plate, manufactured by him, is absolutely the easiest to adjust. He has fitted two guns for me & I am completely satisfied with the hardware & the fitting sessions.

Jim

4. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Todd is a class act. His work is second to none. Have had him do the work on my guns and will continue.
    Jeff Ryals

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Nothing against Todd, good man. Greg Hissem is top shelf as well - makes excellent hardware - great gun fitter and great person and shooter as well

6. dws

dws TS Member

Another vote for Greg Hissem. What PhDTrap says is true !

Dennis Skudney

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Don't forget Ken Rucker Speedbump Stockworks

Jerry Walker

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Greg Hissem gets my vote. GOOD LUCK

9. 20yard

20yard TS Member

Thanks for advice, I was hoping to pick a standard available on the market and have local guy install, Tron from this website. Graco, 100 straight or something else under $175

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The Jones stock adjuster is great.

11. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

If you've ever even SEEN one of Todd Nelson's adjustable buttplates in action, you would never want anything else.

Jed

12. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

My vote would be for Jones with a Kick Eez Pad. Post-2.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Todd Nelson, you only need stck an 1/8 inch allen wrench through the center of the pad to move in any direction, no dissasembly required. None better , none simpler to use,Period. Jeff

14. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

I had a Gracoil....past tense. Even after talking with the company 3 times, we had to agree that their unit would not adjust enough to fit me. So, be informed that there is a limited number of holes in the Graicoil unit, and without modifications, will not always fit a person. I sent this same gun to Todd, this would be the third one he has done for me, and I was able to adjust in < 2 min when I got it back. As mentioned above, adjustment of Todd's product is exceptionally easy and quick. Todd, and all of those with Country Gentlemen get my resounding vote.

15. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

By the way, I now have a Graicoil unit for sale. It is the one that adjusts for LOP.

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you're a do-it-yourselfer. Good luck.

Recoil-Less Engineering
    Address: 20 EAST MAIN ST WINTERS, CA 95694 USA
    Voice: 1-530-795-3771 Fax: 1-530-795-3855

17. Twixter

Twixter Member

I have a R.A.D. system II for sale for $150.00. plus shipping. This unit not only gives you adjustability but also recoil reduction. Unit is used.

Smac66. What do you want for your gracoil unit. Thanks Mick

18. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

I think $150 sounds about right. Paid somewhere around $230 for it....used for < 500 rounds.

19. Twixter

Twixter Member

Smac66: Send me an E=Mail at Twixter@verizon.net with the particulars. Spunds like a good deal. Or call me at 608=444-6233. This is my cell and with me at all times. Thanks Mick McGinley

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Jones Adjuster & (std, flat)301-10- Kick-Eez pad. Depending on the thickness of the pad you're replacing, to come out with the same LOP (the Jones Adjuster adds 1/4") you'll have to cut the stock.........while you're at it, cut it to whatever angle (pitch) you want.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nelson adjuster