1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST STEAK HOUSE IN THIS COUNTRY!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i could eat a porter house steak the size of a bus sterring wheel. i want a bowl of huge mushrooms and onions and a big old idaho tater too. with all the shooters traveling to shoots throughout this country what is the best place for a great steak?
    steve balistreri

2. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

If you ever get to Bakersfield, you have got to try the chicken fried steak at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace. The steak comes on it's own plate, the green beans and taters come on another. Good old down home eatin. After you eat, sit back and enjoy some good Bakersfield honky-tonk country music. Buck's son Buddy and the Buckaroos play on weekends.

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

There is a place in Texas that I saw on TV. that has I think a 56oz. Slab of beef baked potato and some other stuff too that if you can finish it in a certain time its free and you get your name up on the wall. You better bring an asprin or two because it looks like a heart attack looking for a place to happen. If I ever go to Texas I want to go to that place just to see that slab of beef.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Can't remember the name but a steak house in Manhattan, Montana. Its not far from Bozeman... Huge Porterhouse steak that was awesome.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The absolute best steak is is PETER LUGER in Brooklyn, NY---you better make sure your not close to the limit on your credit card or bring a shoe box full of money. I'm told there is or was a six moth wait for reservations (the economy may have made things easier),

Phil Berkowitz

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

My House. I make the best porterhouse steak(favorite also senior smoke) I've ever tasted. Me and Charbroil have cooked great steaks. Second best would be Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Dave T.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Steve- Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen!

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I Cast a vote for St Elmo in downtown Indy.

Awesome rib-in Ribeye and the Shrimp cocktail is outa this word!

SW

9. Robb

Robb Member

Pine Club on Brown St. Dayton Ohio

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Porterhouse is my favorite steak. My favorite place to get it is a custom butcher shop, take it home and fix it extra rare

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky. Everytime I think I've found a good place, I go back and get stung. Must be the reason they ask, "Have you ever eaten here before?". (always answer no?)

12. culverken

culverken Member

Bern's in Tampa FL. Get the purple sweet potatos with the candied ginger.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you're the Mpls area, Manny's or Murray's are tough to beat. Expect to pay about the cost of 12 practice rounds for a steak at either place. As others have said, I still prefer to cook my own on the Weber.

14. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I like Outback. But, I prefer to get the Prime Rib with a side of King Crab Legs.......mmmmmmmmm

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

One of the first places in the country with the "Free 72 oz sirloin" offers in the country was the Old Country Kitchen in Portland, Oregon, on Stark Street and 104th or so. My Mom used to work there back in the 1950s. I have not eaten there since the 1970s, but it used to have awesome steaks, particularly the T-bones and Porterhouses. They were great with a baked potato and a side of onion rings. The restaurant is still there, but I'm sure that the original owners are not. They were two or three brothers named Saylor, and would be pushing 100 by now.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rosewood Grille, on the strip in Las Vegas, Nevada ... Its a true 5 star place and the food is out of this world, the prices reflect just how good it is but its worth it ... I had a 3 1/2 pound Lobster there and it was $72.00 but well worth it ... I go there everytime I'm in Las Vegas ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

There's a place called Benton Lee's on the edge of the Altahama River near Baxley Ga which serves some really good steaks. Your steak will hang off both ends of your platter(a plate won't hold it) and has just enough room on the side for your potato or whatever you choose as a side. They offer sweet potatoe, fries etc. but the salad is very small. They come in three sizes(thicknesses) and I can just bearly eat a small when I am super hungry. Prices are ninteen, twentythree and twentyeight. I've never seen anyone finish the twentyeight. They also have a house steak which I think is 64 oz which they offer if you can eat it all it's free.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My own Ribeye steaks are the best I have ever eaten. Perhaps, because they are grilled to my perfection. Nothing else compares. However, Ruth Crists if you have to eat out.

19. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i am near to having an "EATING FRENZY" after hearing about all these places. i can not take my wife to a place that offers a 72 ounce steak, because if i ordered it, i would never hear the end of it. i am a fat ass with high blood pressure. last steak i had was 2 years ago. i took my friend luther with me and we ate and drank like henry the V111. in the 80's luther and I went to a nice resturant at the grand in vandalia. it had a large outdoor wooden area where you could wait to be seated, very near to the grand complex. anyone know the name? here is my last meal if i was ever on death row.
    porterhouse steak (enormo size)
    crab legs and plenty of them, with melted butter
    lobster- size that if you were swiming, you would be afraid of him and get out of the water. mushrooms big and juicy with lots of better. antiposto salad, for desert, vienna tourte. after i ate all this, the warden would not need to pull the lever. p.s. lots of beer, with frozean glasses, and the beer around 40 degrees. with this meal you would get a coupon for a free angio plasty.
    steve balistreri

20. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Latest place I've eaten was Remingtons in Wesley Chapel, FL. They had a sirloin that was as tender as a tenderloin and tasty to boot! HarryC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.