1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best spray on finish for stock.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Painted a stock and wanting to know the best clear coat to put over it! Would like to stay with a spray if possible. Heard someone say Deft? any ideas?

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

All I can say is if you use Deft-thane, put that sh*^ on outside in the open air. If you use it inside, you and any living being will be high as a kite for the next three days. Put on the two part acrylic urethane finish that you can get at auto paint stores.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

automotive clear is the best

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Pull-it, I Have Re-done About 4 stocks recently And Have found Out To Use The "Clear" Of whatever type Of Paint you Used To Do The Stock. They Make Clear In Enamel, Acrylic,Lacquer And Verathane. Important Do Not Let The "Coats" Dry Completly Before Adding Another Coat. JMO Joe W.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

two part automotive clear coat. About three coats wetsand between coats with 600 grit paper. Jim

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I use semi-gloss spray polyurethane and use an electric hair dryer to flash dry the surface. After multiple coats, I let it sit for a month and then "cut and polish"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.