1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

best shotshell dismantler

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Greg Sturgill, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Sturgill

Greg Sturgill Member

which ones are good? i tried the search function but it locked up on me.
    I am a skeet shooter that needs one that will work with ALL gauges, not just the 12. thanks.
  2. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

You want alot. How about a pocket knife, you may have one already?
  3. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Check your PM's.
  4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

I went through my old shells just yesterday and cut up about 300. Saved a lot of primers, powder, wads and shot. I use the best and it is called the "UNLOADER" call Gary, you wont be dissappointed
  5. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Moderator Staff Member

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ditto on Gary's "UNLOADER". Not only does it work like a finely crafted tool, it also looks great just sitting on your loading bench.

grntitan_2009_2503126.jpg
  7. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

There are only two machines that do this.......#1. A pocketknife,or #2. The Unloader.

D.P.Reynolds
  8. dhip

dhip Active Member

HotShot shell cutter.The one I have does 410 and 12gauge.
    www.hotshotgunlube.com

Doug H.
  9. dhip

dhip Active Member

Bad thing I thought it was one of Yours,until I seen yours,looked on bottom of the one I have and said oops.Yours is prettier though.Hey,he asked, I just gave him an option,does he want a plane Jane like mine,or a Looker like yours.I was actully thinking of getting one of yours until I noticed you Hollered at me.Still might,have to let my feelings heal first.

Doug H.
  10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I make one out of exotic hardwood that works great for all gauges. I have them on ebay for sale.
    Don
  11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

12. spitter

spitter Active Member

I just received my Unloader from Gary Bulley and have already recovered shot and primers from over 200 faulty factory shells... already recovering its cost... plus its handsome! I bought the Maple and Gary added a Remington head stamp - my Go2 hull...

spitter_2008_030367.jpg

excellent craftsmanship...

Jay Spitz
  13. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well,I just ordered one from Gary,want a pretty one to use, now that I'm up grading My gun a little,I figured,why not the Unloader upgrade also.

Doug H.
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Doug, you will be more than happy with gary & his cutter
  15. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

My Benelli is the best unloader in my opinion.

Arnie
  16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Talk about excellent craftsmanship...

The best unloader I ever used, bar none (and yes I have some wood models) was made by a guy named Joe Rossman and sold on this site several years ago. I bought one of the last when he was liquidating. All billet aluminum, anodized, uses replaceable utility knife blade. I used this one to recover the components from 28 flats of reloads I acquired from the estate of a cub member:<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

One twist and the shell is cut.

Keller
  17. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I like that one. I read your post but is one for sale any where?
  18. psfive

psfive Member

Greg

I don't have a dog in this fight BUT. I have no idea if the blue one is available or for how much. Why waste your time looking? The Unloader from Gary Bully is the one I use. I can testify that it works! and to make the pot even sweeter is and will always be the best looking one on the bench. Several different kinds of wood and in right or left hand versions. How in the world could you go wrong. Paul in GINebraska. The Unloader works.
  19. dhip

dhip Active Member

OK,another reason why I'm going with the Unloader,,,I mistakenly contacted Gary a while ago saying my blade was dull(3yrs use) He said he'd replace it free with a stamped return envelope sent to him.Mean while,,Dummy here realizes by looking on bottom of the one I have it wasn't his,but the afore mentioned brand in my first post.I e-mailed the contact for that one about cost of new blade.To put it simply,,I'm still waiting for an answer.And after my post Gary responded,in Caps...I jokingly said I'd think of buying one from him when my feelings healed after he Yelled at me.He apparently pulled his post that I refered to,,How can you NOT follow through and not buy his product when he acknowleded MY sensitivity(even though I was joking somewhat)So,I sent him my response on a PM and will be mailing check tommorrow and will patiently wait for one of his creative piece's of Art that funtions as well as it looks,,I'm sure.

Doug H.
  20. psfive

psfive Member

Gary

The Unloader is as important as a good scale to a shot shell reloader. I as you know have one all I can do is tell the truth. Paul in GINebraska.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.