1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best shooting gloves?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cbxchris, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I know this was covered some time back but cannot find it. My hands sweat and it is causing issues with my gun finish. I am also VERY trigger sensitive. I have tried the browning gloves with acceptable results in the past but did wonder if there is a better glove out there to try. I guess thinner is better. I also tend to need a medium to large size which is a problem. Do any of you just cut off the trigger finger for sensitivity? I am a old bench rest shooter and I do not slap the trigger as many do. Its about time to buy a few pair for next year. Thanks in advance for any help. Chris

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gun Gloves. The best. I cut the trigger finger off mine.

[​IMG]

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I like the Summer weight GunGloves for warmer weather. They are available in many sizes so they are easy to fit. They last longer than others that I have tried. I wear gloves every time I shoot and the GunGloves last a whole season.

For Winter use I prefer Footjoy Wintersoft golf gloves.

Jim Skeel

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Golf gloves work well for me and I too have the ability to rust anything I touch. I buy what's on sale and wear year around.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have never tried the gun glove but they look interesting. I have tried batting gloves of various makes and they work OK but I tend to sweat them up very quickly. What I have tried and like even in the winter are the Bob Allen Shotgun Gloves model 315. They are thin for a great feel and the woven back keeps me from sweating in the summer and provides just enough warmth in the winter to make shooting in freezing weather tolerable. The synthetic suede used for the palms will wear through on the high wear areas in about a single season but for $23 dollars a set they are a great deal.

--- Chip King ---

6. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I use "foot Joy" brand. Found them at Sports Authority in the golf dept. Woody

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I use Batters gloves, when they get soiled I just wash them in the sink with dishwashing soap and air dry them and they are like brand new ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Under Armour glove liners. They are super thin yet have a great gripping material.

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have used golf gloves with good results. My favorites, however, come from Gall's. They have a pair of unlined, black leather gloves that are extremely soft,thin and don't affect touch. My shooting buddies call them my "Rodney King" gloves...LOL.

JON

10. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

As grntitan Said, Gun Gloves Work Best For Me And The Under Armour Glove Liners Work Well Also. The Gun Gloves Give Me Better Control Than Other Gloves. Joe W.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have had three sets of "gun gloves", they did not last long. The fine checkering on my guns eat them up.
    Just got a pair of Pittards form Cabelas, all I can say is wow. I shoot a release trigger, with the slippery "gun gloves" I did not realize the difference what a good gun glove can make in trigger control. Looks like my days of short shooting will be over.

Phil Berkowitz

12. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've used a bunch of different kinds of gloves to shoot with, but I find that leather (not vinyl or synthetic) golf gloves work best for me. I cut off the thumb, index, and middle finger on the glove on my trigger hand. That gives me good "feel" for loading the gun, shooting the gun, adjusting my glasses, or whatever.

The golf gloves are lightweight (which is important here in Florida) and give good gripping ability on the gun. If it gets too cold to shoot with golf gloves, then it's just too cold to shoot PERIOD. That doesn't happen often here. :)

Easystreet

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Phil,

You must have razor blade checkering. Is that your anti-theft device? LOL

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I use a synthetic leather FootJoy golf glove on my trigger hand...and have done so for over 30 years.....when it gets chilly, I use Mechanics Gloves...

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I wear a variety of gloves all year... but my go-to gloves are the Bob Allen Shotgunner glovers, Orvis Gun Glove and lastly a pair of John W. Nordstrom leather driving gloves.

Leather are the primary unless its too hot or cold and then I go with the ventilated shotgunner or the fleece gun glove...

Jay

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The checkering is very sharp & crisp. If I slide my left hand fwd on the forearm. without a glove it will remove skin.

Phil Brkowitz

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Footjoy golf gloves.

18. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Try some football wide receiver gloves. The Nike Superbad model and Under Armour model are common in most sporting goods stores. They are thin but have a tacky, rubbery kind of surface that provides excellent grip.

19. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

If you must wear gloves, try Zildjian drummers' gloves. They only come to the wrist, super flexible, and have double thickness where you need it.

20. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I also use golf gloves.. I go to the flea market and find the cheapest thing I can. They are thin enough that I don't have to cut off the trigger finger..

In cold weather I use the winter glove because the grip side is still thin.. but the back is thicker.. I will also put one of the throw away hand warmers in the back so that the blood flow picks up the heat and keeps my fingers warm if it is very cold.

Jerry B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best shooters gloves

best shooting gloves

best shooting gloves for shotguns

best trap shooting gloves

shooting gloves for shotguns

shooting gloves with trigger finger cut off

trap shooting gloves

triger finger shooting gloves