1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

What brand of shooting glasses are your favorite? My frames are about shot, and I would like to know opinion of others. In your favorite brand, is there a particular model that you like? Thanks.

2. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

Check out my recent post below referencing Rudy Project Glasses. They can be bought with a 35% discount.

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the usual caveat - everybody's eyes are different, should try as many as possible blah, blah........

having given the preamble the best shooting glasses on the planet, hands down, lead pipe cinch, no contest.

HiDefSpex.

I like the Panther lens and they have a range of lens colors to suit your preferences.

They are the best. They ain't cheap but high performance usually isn't.

4. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Hi Westie, My name is Dave Shaeffer, i am a Post 4 optics dealer. our website is above. If you are interested in in our product please contact me at 443-522-9700 or cell 410-858-3809

Thank you

Dave Shaeffer

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

While HDS, Post4, Decot are all fine brands - I'm a big fan of Randolph Rangers. I personally shoot with the Ranger XL, 68mm, like the biggest lens to cover the orbit of the eye. Buddies prefer the sleeker XLWs.

Lifetime warranty on the frames... Morgan Optical, Olean NY is my dealer - Wayne Morgan deals with the shooting glasses.

Regards,

Jay

6. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

There was a vendor at the Pa. State shoot that had shooting glasses and if memory serves correctly it was Hydef.....BEST I EVER LOOKED THRU....but pricey.

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jay,(splitter)

I think you hit a bulls eye,I have dealt with Morgan Opt.for years and there great!!!!.(Randolph Rangers)Jay Lol,You got that right!!!!!!!!
    Sandy Holehouse

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Sandy:

Good eyes see alike!

Jay

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

westie, its hard to say wich are best. Your eyes may not have the same contrast and clarity from one manufacturer to the next. On the same note it can be said from lens to lens from the same maker. Ask some friends if you can take a look through their glasses during the day. I personally use Randolph Rangers and have no problem with them. Your question is just like asking wich shot to use. Most answers will be based on preference. It should be your decision. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I like the optical clarity of the Pilla Hy def lenses. Especially like the no bridge models such as the hawk. Also have deco
    t and Randolph glasses.

Jim c

11. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I agree with ffwildcat. Hy-Def Spex are top shelf, but not cheap. I used Decot for many many years, but went to Hy Def because I wear prescription and doing one set of lens is much better then doing each color with a prescription.
    Hy-Def is a quality piece of eyewear.

12. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks to all. I emailed Rudy and asked them for information about their trap shooting glasses. The lady emailed me back, indicating that they sell shooting glasses, but she wanted to know what trap shooting was.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You can pay more, but you won't find any better than "Decot."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best glasses for trap shooting
best prescription shooting glasses for trap
best shooting glasses for trap

best trap shooting glasses

best trap shooting glasses not to fog