1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kcbullets, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I am looking for a good set of shooting glasses with a lense set. I'd like to spend under $200. So far I like the Randolph Ranger XL. Any thoughts on best shooting glasses under $200. thanks in advance

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Personally I prefer the Edge.

3. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I love my rangers. I would recommend the cable that wraps around your ears. After a while my ears start to bother me and I got the longer cables. as long as the regular cables keep the glasses in place then I think they would be a better option.

4. drg123

drg123 Member

Oakly has a 4 lens set that is very comfortable and are less that $200.

dg

5. GHAA27

GHAA27 Member

We have post 4. They are ziess lenes, titanium black or gold frame in 62, 66,68 size. We can get you a frame, case and 1 set of non prescription lenes, for 125.00. Or 3 sets of le nes for 21p.00 they are very high quality, with 2 different lens styles available.
    Call Terry at 7195682013.

6. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

You can't go wrong with L&M Lenses. Linda and Mike have a great product and stand behind what they sell. Here is the link to their website.

www.lmlenses.com

Steve Szczechura

Pelham, NH

7. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Pilla Hornet_Max Orange.

8. MR870

MR870 Member

Best kept secret,Tifosi Golf glasses.3 interchangeable lenses made for all light conditions.The Extreme Contrast lenses are perfect for orange targets with any background.Under $60 for most styles.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

There ya go!!

Now you know as much as you did before you asked!

Keller

10. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I own and shoot with Rangers and like them very much. I bought them used in mint condition with 12 sets of lenses. I was a new shooter and loved the idea of being able to experiment with different colors and not having to constantly wonder.

That being said, I have a pair of HiDefSpex, which are Pilla by their old name. They are fixed lens, max target orange 40's. I have to say, they are better lenses than the Rangers. Of course, I may be splitting hairs with a meat axe, but there is a difference.

I also have been shooting with the Autumn Gold Transitions which are a Trivex lens and they seem to have just about the clarity of the Pilla's.

If you gave me a blank check and told me to go buy shooting glasses, I'd buy the Pilla's. If you gave me a budget, (don't take that the wrong way, I don't mean Rangers are low budget, just not as expensive as the Pilla's) I'd buy the Rangers.

Good Luck,
    Chip

11. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Decot? always considered the best shooting glasses for years...

12. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I tried a bunch of them at The Grand - and liked all of them - until I started to get confused.

Had the best "sales experience" with L&M. Bought the glasses on the spot. I called them a few weeks later for a lens for night shooting. They had my records and sent another lens set that arrived in three days.

So it boiled down to the seller instead of the actual pair of glasses.

Larry

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Decot, Decot, Decot and Decot. You will not be sorry that you bought Decot. Been shooting with them for over 12 years. Happy as hell that I bought them.

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My understanding and reviewing the Randolph website... the Ranger XL is gone... replaced by the "Edge"... you can get the "Classic", but there is no longer an "XL" offering, although you may find NOS XLs out in the marketplace...

I could be wrong... my Go2 guy is Wayne Morgan at Morgan Optical in Olean, NY.

Jay

15. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Thank you gentlemen. I think I will select between the Decot, Post4optics, and Ranger. The L&M's and Pilla's are a little beyond my price range.

Terry, I will call you to discuss the Post 4's.

16. steveziv

steveziv Member

For $200 you can buy these Bob Allen SG8000's and a couple flats of ammo! :)

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=282212&Messages=2
    steveziv_2011_23021.jpg

17. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

I have been using the same Decot Hy-Wide frame since 1984. They have held up great.

Bill

18. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

I've been using Decots since 1988,great product, great service, you can go to any large shoot and there is always someone that reps. them there, so if you had a problem, you can get them fixed right away, not so with the "other brands"

19. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I have a pair or xlw from randolph eng, Whats nice about these glasees is you can can add prescription lens in front of the color lens ,you do not have to buy prescription color lens ,much cheaper in the long run

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Anyone tried Drivewear lenses? the product is great but I can't afford to experiment.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting glasses