1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best shoot in Iowa?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning30, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

What is the best ATA trap shoot in Iowa over the 4th of July weekend? Never shot in Iowa and would like to go to a shoot there over the 4th.-Lucas

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If you're going to be in Iowa, the shoot at Otter Creek over the 4th is hands down the best shoot going in the midwest.

First prize has always been $1000.00. I see by their website that they will be shooting this on the Sunday, the 6th of July.

I don't have access to the program right now, but they have in the past given $1000.00 for the top handicap score and $600.00 for second and I'm not sure how much for 3rd.

Plus, they give away a boatload of shells to the yardage winners and they pay out to maybe 4-5 places. I'm just going by memory here, so don't quote me.

I tried accessesing the program at their site, but was unable to get it.

Check out Otter Creek.

I'm sure someone from Otter Creek will add some more to what I've written here.

It is a very good shoot.

Hauxfan!

3. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

I 2nd Hauxfan's comment....very well ran shoot at a club that want's you to be there and will bend over backwards for you.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Any shoot in Iowa is good, Good bunch of people.

5. mike T

mike T Member

Hauxfan is correct.
    I won the shoot in 2005 and walked home with $2000.00 1,000.00 for 1st and 1,000.00 for the added money, lewis, 25s, 50s etc.

They pay 1,000.00 1st 600.00 2nd and 400.00 third
    plus give away something like 60 flats of shells.

in the past they were your choice STS, Nitro. Not sure what they is this year

GREAT SHOOT, AND GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT

HEY BEERKING OR BIG BIRD chim in here

mike t

6. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I have shot the Otter Creek July 4 shoot many times. Almost 3 hr drive one way and well worth it. Good food to. Just watch out for one eyed Charlie once in a while he sneaks one in.

7. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

I am sure BeerCan will be on later but here is what I recall. Don't take all as gospel as I have a lousey memory.

The July 4th Program should be going out in the mail next week. We are waiting for a proof to approve. When that gets blessed there will be a program on the web site. We will put a notification on here on TS.com.

Basics are similar to 2007. Friday 4th Marathon targets. Saturday 5th 100 ea category (300 targets). Sunday 6th - 100 ea Sgls & Championship Hdcp (200 targets). Sat. 5th meal. Sun 6th silent special event.

Mike T has Hdcp Championship money right (3 places). Shells this year are Gun Clubs. We are trying to keep fees down as best we can w/o sacrificing the quality of the shoot. Shells go 4 places per yardage grp. CAN NOT WIN championship money & shells.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Program will be hitting the website within the next couple of days. We proofed it last night and got it back to the printer. Lots of money to be given away as the above people have mentioned. Yes we did go to Gun Clubs this year. We paid more for Gun Clubs this year then we did fot STS & AA's last year. However we did throw in an additional $1000 to be divided up for the high scores on events 2-6 which are Saturdays 100 sgls. 100 hdcp. 100 dbls. and Sundays 100 16's and 100 cappers. Absolutely the best little shoot in the country.

10. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Hey Whiz Bang, If I was to slip in a brick of Winchester spot light 22 ammo would you slobber on your shirt? Charlie

11. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

It's not over the 4th but at Harlan, IA the pie shoot is my favorite! Mrs. K's pies are awesome and awesome people who run and maintain the range! Always, always a pleasure to shoot there!

J.D.

12. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Hey oneidcharlie that brick of Winchesters will make a perfect gift for my upcoming birthday thank you very much.

13. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I like the State Shoot the best as that is the only one I get to go to. Great people and Tom Hamman has a good shade for us foreigners from Texas.

14. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

15. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Whiz Bang, Where do you get that idea that you are going to have a birthday? You are to old to have them anymore, besides if you were to get a brick of spot lites you would have cardiac arrest and I would'nt want to see that happen. Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.