1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best shirts for heat ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Getting reading for the heat & humidity time of the year. Does anyone make shooting shirts that do not hold moisture, similar to under armor heat gear?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Go to Kohls and check out the TecGear, I think thats what its called.

Its the same stuff as Nike Dry-fit and the underarmor material. Looks and wears like a sporty T-shirt.

10 bucks. I bought 6 of them in varous colors for running, shooting in the heat and football practice in the summer (coaching).

Check it out.

3. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Hi Phil, There are several,"Stay-Dry", moisture wicking t-shirts and polo/sportshirts available, some with UV protection also. Brands include and not limited to: Champion, Augusta, Columbia, Devon & Jones, Anvil, Jerzees, Harriton, Izod, and Chestnut Hill. I can get these for you with or without a shooting pad, left or right hand. Sue at Pine Tree Custom Sportswear

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Columbia makes a Fishing Flats shirt. I have two. Very cool and dries fast. Columbia is top quality. But, I do not wear a vest, so, these shirts are great for me.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Cotton T shirts are the best. The cheaper the better.

6. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Phil, you have a private message. Sue

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Land's end makes cotton T shirts that are ten times better quality than Jockey. Bought a 3 pak and washed them and they not only fit perfect, but they look quality and are quality. I'll be shooiting in these fo rsure. Then went back and bought a second 3 pak and sent all my JOckeys to goodwill.

8. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Cotton tee shirts for HOT weather shooting? LOL

For hot, humid weather, I prefer shirts that are at least 70% polyester. The 100% poly shirts are even cooler.

Easystreet

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

In hot weather shoot wearing a thong and combat boots. This will surely distract the competition and allow you win your class. HMB

10. Art D

Art D Member

Try Tech mesh by Adams Sport. I bought from DR Rively at the Vendor shoot in Miami and there are really good, it was 90 degrees this passed Sunday at the ATA shoot in Miami and the shirts work really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.