1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best shell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hangn7, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Looking for your thoughts on the best factory shell in 1 oz load. 8 or 8 1/2 shot. Have a bunch of young ladies shooting. Looking for a lower recoiling load that will be fun to shoot. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and ideas. Mark

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Estate 1 oz at normal vel. ( ie 1180 fps).

Lowest recoil, Win. Featherlites.

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I have found that my wife and kids were more tolerant of recoil if they were hitting targets. I tried a couple boxes of the AA featherlites and for a new shooter, they make the game frustratingly hard. Easy on the shoulder but not so easy to break targets.

So I started handing them regular lite 8's (1 1/8oz, 1145 ft/sec) and they immediately started breaking targets and having fun.

I shot the rest of those featherlites and they definitely require you to center the target to break it. I think that is a bad requirement for new shooters.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Federal Gold Medal 1oz. 8.5's.

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Fioccoci makes 7/8 oz 1200fps in #8.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have been shooting a bunch of Fiocci 1 Oz #8 loads loaded to 1145 FpS lately. These are very good quality shells that have very little recoil and they are priced like the other bargain ammo.

No problems breaking targets with these shells and I use them all the way back to the 27 in practice.

Should be just the ticket for your gals.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We have several of our recoil sensitive High School Team shooters using the Nobel Sport Low Recoil loads. We have no issues with quality.

[​IMG]

8. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Ditto on the Nobel LR1's. They work great and no issues what so ever. My AIM team uses them exclusively for competition and they have had no issues either.

9. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Thank you all. Been using federal 2 3/4 dram 8s 1 1/8and doing well. Just looking for some loads to get them started once they get started the recoil is less of an issue. Just wonder is the extra shot in an 8 1/2 shot meant anything. Thanks again. Mark

10. oz

oz Active Member

remington STS's are great. I would guess the basheri & pellagri (sp) are probably the best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best trap shell fps

best trap shooting shell

best trapshooterbshells