1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Score with a .419 from the 16yrd line

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Anyone else shoot a .410 for practice or just for fun? I'll take mine out once in awhile just for fun best score to date is 18 from the 16. A friend of mine thought I was crazy the first time I showed up with the .410; now that's the only thing he shoots. He's run 25's more than once with the litle gun. This year we're going to try doubles! I actually like the 28 ga a bit better as it's a little heavier and I don't over swing the target as oftne.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

What shot size do you use?

Full choke, I assume?

I use a set of .410 subgauge tubes for skeet all the time, but never even considered using it for trap. I'd have to get a full choke for my tube set.

Might give it a try.

3. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Dad and I used or mod 42's every so often when there was $ on the line amazing what you can get yourself into all over a "FROGSKIN" single dollar. best score to date 23 16yrds 3" number 6 cause that's what I hunt with so that is what I have.

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

A fellow, here in NJ, is trying to be the first to break 100 straight in a registered shoot so that's all that he shoots. I shot with him one day and he broke a 96 but I heard that he's broken a 99 at the PA state shoot. He shoots all new shells out of a Beretta O/U.

Ed Yanchok

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bruce, where did you get that.419? I've been looking for one of them forever. Bulge

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I went 25 straight from the 16 "ONCE" with a 410. Hence, the handle shot410ga. But, I've only my granddaughter as a witness. It was her gun. Oh! Well..........

7. Bruce Specht

Barrel, I bought the .419 from a nice older fellow about your age, he had it in mhis trunk, told me I couldn't miss wit it! Never saw that nice older gent again

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

They shoot Annies around here from the 16yd line with 410's. M42's and tubes make up the better part of the line.

1/2 oz of 9's going 1250 will break'em pretty hard for call birds. 11/16's of 7 1/2's do well for longer shots.

ec90t

9. chastaj

chastaj Member

My 7 year old bought a .410 over under with his Christmas $ and broke 10 / 25 from the 16 first time out.

10. Bruce Specht

John, I'd be willing to sell you my .419 it is a one of a very few ever made. Please send me a check (cashiers) for 35,000 and I'll ship right out! I bought it from Barrel Bulge it was in the trunk of his Gremlin

11. Bruce Specht

John,
    A pleasure doing business with you just one question , will you still respect me in the morning?

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bruce, why such a give away price? I'll buy it back at that bargain price. Sorry John, but I have to cut you out. Bulge

13. 410fred

410fred TS Member

I SHOOT 410 A LOT(remington 1100 sporting)WITH A WENIG ALL AMERICAN STOCK,FINISHED AND FITTED BY JIM HOOLEY....I SHOOT IT FOR TRAP , SKEET ,AND SPORTING CLAYS.... WE HAVE A TRAP LEAGUE HERE IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BAY AREA..IT`S CALLED THE SOUTH BAY TRAP LEAGUE , IT HAS A .410 EVENT AT EVERY SHOOT...I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO WIN THE YEAR END BUCKLE AND 3 MONTHLY EVENTS , AVERAGE SCORE 46/50 WITH 3, 25 STRAIGHTS I GOT MY 1ST 25 STRAIGHT AT SKEET WITH A .410 TOO...55/65 % AT SPORTING CLAYS....THE POINT I`M MAKING IS , JUST SHOOT THE GUN AS YOU WOULD A 12 GA..YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW GOOD YOU`LL DO...I SHOOT A MODIFIED CHOKE WITH #8 SHOT BOTH IN 2 1/2 AND 3 INCH AND RELOAD TOO...IT`S HALF THE PRICE OF SHOOTING A 12..EVERY BODY THAT SHOOTS IT BREAKS OUT IN A GRIN , IT`S SO MUCH FUN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.