1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best route from Columbus to Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by porky, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

I need help to understand why when traveling to Sparta, travel agencies route you from Columbus around Cincinnati then around Louisville over to Sparta using I-64 when it looks as if it would be easier to travel from Columbus around Indianapolis over to Sparta. Fewer big cities and seemingly a straighter route. I know the difference in milage is very close so why head south instead of going directly west?

2. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

If you are on I-70 you will be lots of traffic. I prefer I-71 to I-64 to Exit 50 in Illinois (Nasville IL exit). Travel South about 5 miles and turn west (right) onto ILL 15. Travel until it Tees into ILL 4. Take 4 south about 13 miles and you should be near the right turn to the trap field.
    See you there, CA

3. porky

porky TS Member

Thanks Guys. Next question. Is the only problem with I-70 the traffic or is there construction. I don't mind traveling in fast or fast heavy traffic, but I hate construction. I made an assumption that the traffic was fast on both interstate 64 and 70, please correct me if I am wrong.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

You should use http://www.mapquest.com instead of travel agencies. Plotting a course for Columbus to Sparta routes you directly through Indy which is the most direct route for either option of shortest time or shortest distance.

BTW ... shortest distance saves you aprox 10.93 miles but but shortest time saves you about 42 minutes with both routes taking you threw Indy.

5. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Why go I just came back HOT MUGGY And few shooters money players are not there .Im signed up for next week . Will call before i return there HOTTTTT !

Pat Kelley

6. porky

porky TS Member

My thanks to all of you for this info. Lumper, that's just what I needed to know. I know it will be hot and muggy. It may be a bit better to be hot and muggy than bitter cold with the wind at gale force.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yeah ... bitter cold with gale force winds is much preferred over HOT HOT HOT and HUMID.

Current tempuratures in the Sparta is higher than Death Valley Ca, Las Vegas NV and Phoenix AZ ... I'd take bitter cold any day.

8. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

I think I70 is still closed at I465 east side of Indinapolis. Can't go directly through Indy. It was closed last month during state shoot.

John

9. porky

porky TS Member

claybuster hoosier- can I still travel the beltway south around Indianapolis using I-465 and 74 to get back to I-70 on the west side of indianapolis without any trouble. Thanks for the info

10. porky

porky TS Member

Thanks Big Papa for the added info and thanks again to all who responded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.