1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best reloading room I ever saw!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Late yesterday afternoon I was at the local mall. Ran into a long time friend of mine that I have not seen in a few years. He asked me if I wanted to come to his house for supper, as I was taught as a young boy never to turn down food or money if it was ever offered to me. He lives in a very affluent community with guarded gates. If someone is driving an older car, they will most likely be stopped and questioned. Sorry to say that's the way it is in this area where he lives.

The house is huge, as I could fit my home in his 8 car garage. His wife made a wonderful supper and afterword's he asked me if I wanted to see his basement and reloading room? As we are walking downstairs to his basement first thing I noticed was the size of this so called basement.

On one long side were a row of slot machines of every possible denomination of coin ever made. Along with a stool and a huge bowl of coins for guest to play the slots. Then at the end of the basement the next wall had the latest in video games that would rival any video arcade. The new area was a kitchen with deep fryers, tables and chairs, professional type stove and refrigerator for parties. The next area had the latest in large screen tv's and stereo equipment.

We get to a locked door and he shows me his reloading room. His reloading was like Disney land for Gun enthusiast. He had Remington shot on two metal type skids piled almost to the ceiling. Same thing for wads and primers and gun powder to load all gauges. He had Mec reloaders with the pump that raised and lowered them by pressing on a button with his foot. He had huge barrels of once fired hulls of numerous brands. He had the old big type cases of new shells from years ago. Some of the shells that caught my eye were Remington rxp's and Blue magics, Federal papers and Winchester papers.

I asked him why does he reload when he could just purchase new shells and he said it gives me something to do. Around this carpeted room were professional made areas around four feet high to stand his guns up. Above each gun was a light which allowed you to read about the gun you were looking at. Each gun was either new or in like new condition with it's history. One of the guns that caught my eye was a Kreighoff Crown grade. He offered me to shoulder the gun and I declined worrying what would happen if I dropped it. Some of the finest guns I have ever seen was in that room. I am not into handguns or rifles but they were in that room too.

I asked him why I have not seen him shoot lately, and he said he just has not had the time as he has other interest. As I was leaving his gun room I noticed two large boxes on a table that were unopened. I asked what were those and he said Perazzi mx3 combo sets. They were purchased years ago and he has not had the time to open them and clean them.

I thanked him and his wife for a wonderful supper and evening and left. As I was riding home I was saying to myself how lucky my friend was. To have what he has at such a young age, as most men I know could never accumulate enough wealth in two life times to have what he has. My friend inherited everything he has at the ripe old age of 23.

Steve Balistreri

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Ladies Man:
    It wasn't Luther.
    Steve

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

In view of early posts concerning theft, owner's id should never be revealed anyhow. Yes, there are people in this world who would not ever want for anything, be it a blessing or a curse it is their lot in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.