1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best recoil reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pens1992, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Hi I just bought a BT 99max in stainless and I would like to put a recoil reducer on it for my son I shoot the same gun with a RAD fully adjustable on mine just wanted to see if there is any thing better my budget is under $500
    Thanks in advance Don
  2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

May 6, 2009
    Marcola Oregon
    Hello, you may want to give one of the Slick Slide recoil systems a try, installed for $350. I have one on my Ljutic and it works great.
  3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Don, because you mentioned your son and his gun, I suggest the PFS (Precision Fit Stock) You can pick up a used one for $500-$800 range. I know its over your budget a bit, but hear me out. First you take off the stock you have now and can sell it in original shape now or keep it (might need later) no need to cut it up to get it to fit your son and make it near worthless to sell. Second with the PFS it will take all recoil out of 12 ga. loads and is totally adjustable. As your son grows the stock can grow with him, until he is ready to put the wood stock back on. At that time you can sell the PFS to someone else at the same price you paid for it. So over time you lose no money at all. Vern the maker of these guns has a grip that will fit the BT-99. He makes different grips for different guns. You can find them on here as well. You can buy one with a Kolar grip and then try to swap with someone who has a BT-99 or sell grip and buy BT-99 grip. The part of the system behind the pistol grip is the same for all guns and it is interchangeable. No other recoil system on the market today has all the adjustments, recoil reduction,and can change lenths of pull to keep up with your growing son like the PFS can. I can promise you will not regret buying one for you son. You may like it so much you might want one for yourself as well. Vern does not make grips for all guns on market so check to see if he makes one for your gun first. Only downside is they look abit like a robot or something on the back of your gun. LOL Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff
  4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    It's hard to beat Ruck's Bumbbuster.

5. buckhunter26050

buckhunter26050 Member

Mar 5, 2008
    If you just bought it at Columbiana county wednesday night, I sold it to you and I can get several of the good recoil reducers for you at cost, you will just have to have someone cut the stock for you and you will be way under your budget. You can call me the next three nights I am on night shift 6 pm to 6 am at 304-387-7070. Tom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.