1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Recoil Pads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I know, I know, this is about as original as 7 1/2s or 8s, but I can't find an appropriate old thread. Who thinks what pads are best. Sorbothane I assume. Kick-Eez? Some other? What is easiest to install and grind to shape. What is the best shape, not only for trap but for sporting clays? Price? Where to get them? Thanks for any help. Jake

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I know, I know, this is about as original as 7 1/2s or 8s, but I can't find an appropriate old thread. Who thinks what pads are best. Sorbothane I assume. Kick-Eez? Some other? What is easiest to install and grind to shape. What is the best shape, not only for trap but for sporting clays? Price? Where to get them? Thanks for any help. Jake

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Next question. Is a double click a flinch?

Jake

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have shot most all recoil pads. I now shoot the Trap Dude pad which I feel is the best of all pads for trap. For quick mount, I prefer the Kick-Eez. I use it for live bird hunting in conjunction with a counter-coil on a 1960 model Belgium Browning Lightning. I also shoot this gun for sporting. I think you would be most satisfied with the Trap Dude. I know I am. Hope this helps, Roy

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I can state with some confidence that I do not know the answer to this question. Six months ago I did recommend the convex shaped Trap Dude. It is an excellent pad but does tend to get dirty and nearly impossible to clean. Then a friend form Florida sent me a new convex Kick Eaz pad. I put it on and really liked it.

It might be true that changing things a little now and then is best. It is true that what is best for one may not be best for everyone else.

Pat Ireland

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pat makes good points; I'm a big fan of the Kick-Eez convex pad on my KS-5 Spl. and was so impressed I put one on the O/U. That was a big mistake so I went to the flat Kick-Eez on the O/U and that worked perfectly there. The point is it can make a difference from one person to the next and from one gun to another. Only the driver can decide what's best for his own self....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I will only use Kick-Eez, my husband will only use the Gooey Pad (Trap Dude). It's a matter of what works the best for you.

8. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

The Kick-Eez "All Purpose" 301 series is the recoil pad I prefer on my Trap gun. cls

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If you like concave - as do I - you will love the new Pachmeyer XT pad. It's softer than the usual trap pads from the same manufacturer, just sticky enough not to move but yet not pick up trash from the ground. A perfect compromise.

Neil

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Do the convex or concave pads work for sporters? Where is the best place to get the pads? Jake

11. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

If you mean by sporting, if you have to mount the gun as you shoot, don't go to a concave as it slows you up or can get hung up. In a situation like this I think the Simms Limbsaver is the way to go. They make many mdls. that fit right to the stock of many guns or you can get one of their grind to fit and shape it to fit. They are a great pad and I wish they would make a concave pad as they really reduce the felt recoil.
    Dan

12. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I really like my Kickeze flat pad. As with a lot of things personal preference dictates the choice.

hubcap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best recoil pad for trap shooters
best recoil pad for trap shooting
best recoil pads for trap
best trap recoil pad
best trap recoil pads
forums and best recoil pad for trapguns

trap dude recoil pads