1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best recoil pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flylife42, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylife42

flylife42 TS Member

Need some help. What is the best recoil pad for American Trap? Thanks, Bob Marini.

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I prefer the KickEeze pads, at least 1" thick. The work much better than the others I've tried and wear well.

3. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Kick-EEZ.. Great product and even better people to work with. I have purchased many from them and recently ordered one then changed my mind to get a thicker one in a different style (few $ more expensive). I wrote (e-mailed) them explaining what I wanted to do and stated that I probably should just order the one I wanted separately but wanted to be assured they would accept the untouched return and credit my credit card. This e-mail inquiry was sent Sunday morning and within a few hours I got an e-mail back saying not to buy the desired replacement, that they would be more than happy to ship it out immediately once they received the one I was sending back AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! All I was asked to do was to enclose a note saying what pad I wanted with the return. you couldn't ask for better customer service.

4. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I also use 1" Kick-EEZ pad.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

KICK-EEZE By far the best non the market as of today, the popularity of the
    Downward Curved pad has fallen off considerably.

The only one that I can recall that looked like it was the TRAPDUDE in a lot of different colors

I may be wrong on this.

Kreighoff has changed their pad on the KX-6s from the SERATTED pad.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Kick-Eeze. I like the fact you can get flat, concave, or convex models. Trying each can make a huge difference between guns without fooling with the gun itself. Example: the KS-5 needed a concave to work for me but the K-32 was best with a flat one. I'm sure it relates to minor differences in stock fitting......breakemall

7. skydweller97

skydweller97 Member

I guess I'll go ahead and paint a big bullseye on my chest here. Go ahead and flame, but I'm going against the grain and stating my opinion based on my experiences:

Reading these responses doesn't surprise me. This is about the same reaction you would get if you walked out at my gun club and asked the same question. Over and over I've heard people say Kick-Eez is the best pad whom I know for a fact haven't tried much else, if anything else besides the rock-hard 15 year old piece of rubber that originally came on their gun.

I think there are two reasons for this, marketing hype by the company, and the fact that the solid rubber compositions in the Kick-Eez are much easier to shape and fit to a gun than the softer compositions with air chambers in the Limbsaver and other similar pads. It takes about four times longer to shape a Limbsaver and is much more difficult to get it right.

I've tried Remington, Pachmeyer, another brand I can't remember that I don't think is made anymore, and three different models of Kick-Eez pads. On a Winchester 101 I had (what a good test subject for recoil pads!) I tried two different top of the line Kick-Eez pads including the one with the multi-layer super space-age components and the test graphics showing them umpteen percent better than all the other pads, etc. Then put a Limbsaver on and oh what a difference! Sooo much better.

I haven't tried the "gooey" pads but hear they are very good.

If the Kick-Eez meets your needs, fine, it's easier to install. But if you want the most protection you can get for your shoulder, I would say keep shopping and trying others.

8. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Gunsmith love them because you have to replace them ever year, they tear so easy in the gun racks. I like Pachmayr decelarator pad the best they are soft and last for years, IMO Ronnie

9. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/recoil-systems-isis-green-shock-absorbing-19mm-p-108221.html

The Isis green pad is also getting a lot of attention since being seen in the Olympics.

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mash on the link above. I have found this pad to be the very best for trap I have ever used..... I have them on all my guns... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

WOW, so they make pads other than Kick-eez? why?

12. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

I agree with most of the above posters, Kick-Eez all the way. I have personally had either 5 or 6 Limbsavers, and everyone of them has worn out or fallen apart very prematurely. Not only that, but over time the rubber breaks down and becomes a very sticky, gooey mess. One of them I had got so gummy that it actually stuck to the carpeted floor in my gun safe...not impressed. Since switching to Kick-Eeez, I haven't had a problem since. Just my .02 cents. Garrett

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

An older thread on the same subject.

14. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

One more minority voter...I prefer the Pachmayr Trap Pad to Kickeeze. Jack

15. deankol

deankol Member

Just read the old link and the trap dude is described as one that rebounds really slow.
    What does that do for shooters in a two shot game? I can see the advantage if only
    one shot is used and the rebound/bounce does not really matter but what about the gun
    staying in position for the second shot?
    Just wondering what people think. I have used only kick-eez and it's a major improvement over
    the factory Perazzi pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best recoil pad for trap

best recoil pad for trap shooters

best recoil pad trap
best trap recoil pad
limbsaver recoil pad for winchester 101
recoil pad for winchester 101
trap shooting pad
trap shooting shoulder absorbing pads