1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best recipe for 28 ga AA trap reload

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pat Dugan, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat Dugan

Pat Dugan TS Member

I used a new 28 Ga Browning 625 Sporting to shoot wobble trap from the 16 yard line today. The shells were new Winchester AA 7 1/2 sporting loads. What would be the best recipe to reload this type of hulls.

Thanks in advance

PDD Pat dugan

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Pat, At the top of the forum page, click on the shotgun shell that says Home, then click on Links, then chose the reloading link. Alliant and Hodgdon have reloading info on their sites. I use Universal (Hodgdon) and Unique (Alliant) in 28s. Follow a recipe with published components. Mark

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you want something that closely replicates what you shot, look for something using longshot.

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Winchester AA 28 HS Hulls
    Winchester primers
    13.5 grains of 20/28
    Down Range PC Wads
    ¾ oz of west coast 8 Shot 1250 fps

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Winchester HS wad, Win 209 primer , 3/4oz of West Coast or Lawrence magnum hot, and 13.5 of Unique. The Unique load is an old standard thta I have had no reason to replace since the advent of 20/28 gauge powder or longshot and Unique powder is less expensive. The cost is not the reason I use it but it's always nice when the cheaper powder works just fine. I have loaded this load since the 80's and have no reason to change.

6. Pat Dugan

Pat Dugan TS Member

Thanks for all the help, I really enjoyed shooting trap with the 28 ga on the 16 yard line

Pat dugan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.