1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best program to learn conversational Spanish.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

With the upcoming election I feel the need to learn to speak Spanish as I'm positive all 3 of the top runners in the Presidential Race are going to give Amnesty to 20 Million Illegals. I was wondering if anyone knows the easiest/best way to learn the language. This is a serious request. Biff

2. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Sounds tongue-in-cheek to me but if you're serious Rosetta Stone is the best program on the market.

3. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Hire yourself an illegal mexican housekeeper for 2 bucks a day and for a tip have her teach you...

HT

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Press # 2? :) Hap

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Roger...or anyone else who may have experience with Rosetta Stone...What makes it so good? How does it differ from other programs?

Biff, Don't even consider a Spanish speaking girlfriend...Snapshot will make the knowledge you might gain...useless.

JON

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Sneak over the border to Mexico and take a job harvesting or working in a fast food joint. It seems to work in the reverse.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

It isn't the jobs that bring most of them, it's the anchor babies and the free social services given to their families. The job is just for some extra spending cash.

In case some didn't know, we the tax payers have to pay social workers to search out and promote the many free social services and free handouts available to them.

Don't be fooled by the supposed low wages they get either, here they get as much or more than us law abiding citizens. In Las Vegas and Reno they even belong to the unions.

Go back to sleep now......

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Geez,

The guy asks about the best way to learn a new language and guys go off on tangents.

Maybe he's going on a trip to Spain!!??!

You might try your local community or junior college. Sometimes intro classes are offered through local Parks & Rec departments.

Tim

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Miami is nice this time of year

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Go to work in a meat packing plant. you will also learn to accept repulsive behavior and hatred of the USA.

HM

12. Old Dr. Bill

Old Dr. Bill TS Member

Go to work in any Emergency Room in any City, large or small. Half of the patients will not speak English.

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I took a few required college spanish courses. Not wanting to lose what I learned I then started reading some novels in spanish looking up any word I didn't know. Then wanting to learn to understand spoken spanish I started watching spanish language television with the closed captions on. It is so much easier when the spanish words are on the screen to help you understand the pronunciation and accents. The spanish soap operas are perfect for learning conversational spanish. The one good thing I have received from the Mexican invasion is learning spanish through spanish language television. Well, maybe one other thing. Those babes on spanish language television are easy on the eyes. Maybe one more thing. I like having a Mexican restaurant in every small town in America.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I understand the spin on this thread and the strong feelings about the subject but...being able to speak spanish is a valuable tool. You can be ignorant of reality here or adapt and prosper. Hate won't get you a thing.

I picked up on it during a job in Honduras in an immersion situation. Rosetta Stone uses that principal by presenting the language in real world useages.

15. primed

primed Well-Known Member

They say the sound of a pump gun being cycled is a universal language.

16. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Rosetta Stone is a great program. Mainly because it combines visual with actual speaking. You're not just conjugating verbs. To reinforce what you learn with the program, watch a telenovela (Spanish soap opera) on Univision or Telemundo with the closed captioning turned on. When you're first learning, it seems like Spanish talkers speak a mile a minute. The closed captioning helps since most of us can recognize the word visually before we can recognize it audibly.

The great thing about Spanish novelas is that they end. Unlike US soaps that go on for years, a novela is like a book (novel) on TV. It starts, and then it ends. The typical novela is only about 3-4 months in length. Then another one starts up. The only bad part is that the stories suck you in, and they're on every weekday night at the same time... not just once a week. And most of them are primetime. Last time I got sucked in to a novela, the world stopped every night at 7:00 when the novela came on.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Spanish for Dummies, some of the local Police Depts are handing out this program and they consentrate on keys phases and when to apply them, "like Bang, stop or I'll shoot" and so forth ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Our Native language Jim? What your from England? What tribe are you refering to?

By the way, I haven't given up a thing by learning some spanish (the world's most common language). I am the one that was given something and believe me it is a valuable tool. But go ahead continue with your biggoted ignorance that's been working so well with this here mexican problem.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Wolfram, the last time I looked at any business or legal papers there was no Spanish on them.

And there is only one "g" in bigoted. Maybe the spanish spelling is different.

HM

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Use the closed captioning on your television. You can pick up a lot from that. I haven't tried it as of yet, but it worked for a fellow I had met once and he was pretty good at it. Then after learning, you have to use it or you will forget.

I still think that we need a "national language". Every other country has one, except us. Kommifornia has ballots in 14+ different languages. No wonder the state is broke. I am not saying you can't speak your "native" tongue at home, but in society we need some conformity in order for prosperity of our culture.

Now our government, especially the democrats, don't want them to become aware of what there are doing, so when they become the majority, they will keep them in power. How dumb can they be, when they become the majority, they will put "their" people in power....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.