1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best price on .22LR plinking ammo now-a-days?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Getting back into the .22 game (went to gander mtn a few weeks ago, and a marlin 60 followed me home). In the process of rebuilting the gun now (metal was in pretty decent shape, but the wood was shot, fixing alot of cracks and holes w/ epoxy currently, and will get a scope shortly for it too). When I was at gander, i was going to pick up some ammo to go w/ the gun, but the cheapest they had was $4/50. I know ammo has gone up, but I don't think 4x since the last time I bought it, which was maybe 4 years ago. Any thoughts? Wally world is out currently, may try a couple others if I can't source any by the time the gun is ready....

2. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

I have been buying a brick (500) of Winchester Wildcats or Remington Thunderbolts for $20.00 at Bass Pro.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

We have recently sold cases of Federal AE5022 for 185.00. That is only 1.85 per box plus tax for local or shipping out of state.

4. bocephus

bocephus Member

Do you have a website deercreek? Or an address and phone number?

5. uplate

uplate TS Member

Wal Mart. 550 rd. Federal bulk pack HP. Aprox $15.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Don't know about plinking ammo, but standard velocity CCI is $22.50 per brick as of 3 weeks ago, and Aguila match pistol and rifle was $35 per brick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.