1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best price/durability barrel pads on trap field?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by One Eyed Left Handed, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Two trap club trying to figure out best product to use for barrel pads-you know, the rubber pad you rest your barrel on in between shots! We've cut up indoor/outdoor door mats and they don't last. Thought about cutting horse/cattle pads up but they are wery thick and looks like more trouble than it would be worth.

Any suggestions are appreciated with cost being the driver. I'd think somebody would market an item like this but I've never seen one.

Eddie Quire

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The 1/2" diamond faced rubber stable pads work really well when cut into squares. They will outlast anything else.

Surfer

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

We have the rubber matting from Ice skating rinks. Cheap when they are free !!!

4. hoov

hoov Member

Truck treads [recaps] or conveyor belts [rubber].

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Go to Tractor Supply Co. and get a 4'x8' stable mat for $30. I've used these under in my weight room and they are about as durable as it gets.

6. Jimmmer

Jimmmer TS Member

Use your toe

7. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Just a quick response to the "use your toe" advice given above.

I coach an ATA/AIM youth team. Under AIM rules, the kids are not allowed to place the muzzle of their gun on their toe at any time, whether they have a toe pad or not. They face an instant dq if they do. ATA is worried about teaching "unsafe" habits.

I have used a toe pad for years, but now I don't (in front of any of my team members). Don't want to set a bad example. What do you want to bet that the ATA makes this a rule for everyone in the near future?

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.