1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*BEST PRESIDENT REVEALED*

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ismah, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

65 Historians voted Abraham Lincoln as best President to date. George W. Bush is almost the worst. See www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29211562/?gti=43001

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I woulda bet Carter is the worst. History will be lots kinder to Bush in a few years. Lincoln was hated at the time too. So much that a libbie shot him from behind. Pretty typical of libbies too.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you ever make it to the Lincoln Presidential Museum, the second room off of the entrance is filled with a series of political cartoons of the time along with voices of his critics. It makes you feel like you're in a time warp.

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I personally feel Lincoln was the worst, "Honest History" backs up my feelings. I know of no other President who directly caused as many American lives to be lost. J.Woolsey

5. ismah

ismah Member

Personally, I feel LBJ was the worst. He lied to get elected and never stopped.

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

They don't tell you who these so called "historians" were. It is interesting to note that one of the categories is "pursuing equal justice for all" and that Lincoln was said to be in the top three in all categories. Can anyone believe that Lincoln could be in the top three in pursuing equal justice in an objective review when he suspended Habeas Corpus and jailed those who disagreed with him.

Not saying that Lincoln was not a great President just that it is difficult to put much stock in this listing of "greatest" and "worst" Presidents when it is only attributed to "historians" not further identified especially when it comes from the Associated Press through MSNBC.

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

If msnbc is behind it how can it not be TRUE???!!!

Sheesh!

I don't know who was the best, but being from Texas and having the displeasure on serving under the SOB when he was CIC, LBJ was, is the worst.

I hope there is a special corner of Hell reserved for him.

HBT

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

msnbc- hardly un-biased.

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

J.Woolsey - While a huge number of Americans on both sides were killed during Lincoln's presidency, no other American president in history faced the problems he did.

The country was literally coming apart. Several southern states had already seceded when he took office.

The country, just more than a month after his taking office, was literally at war with itself.

The north considered the southern states in open rebellion, even though the same states considered themselved as seceded from the union. As rebellious states, Lincoln used extraordinary powers to ensure survival of the country.

A great number of folks, including historians would disagree with your assessment.

Best,
    Dennis

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

slick willie gets my vote for the worst. A national disgrace.

"How Bill Clinton's Failures Unleashed Global Terror", by Richard Minitor.

Loathed the military. Gave aid and comfort to the enemy. Gave the Chi-coms the technology to accurately deliver a warhead, technology that may very well come back to haunt us, courtesy of rogue nations. Gave the Russians the technology to produce 'silent' running submarine propellers. The numerous rapes and sexual assaults, one nationally televised on a Barbara Walters show, going into great detail, by one of his victims, Wanity Broderick. He took this great country into the deepest moral rat hole it has ever experienced.

11. ismah

ismah Member

PALADIN, You're right, Slick Willie WAS a disgrace but what he did pales in comparison to LBJ. There's a reason a lot of veterans haved named a private part of their body after him.

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Washington has to be the best, without him there probably wouldn't have been a country!

After serving 8 years he went home and returned to private life. He could of been King. Only a great man walks away from power.

This country would be so much better if all politicans would follow his example. Look at the royalty we have assembled in DC now. A lot of those miserable sobs have been up there 40 to 50 years. And now the presidents don't even slip away anymore. Bill Clinton is still on the news almost every day.

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Fred, FDR was probably one of the worst. He managed to take what would have been a two- or three-year depression, and extend it out for over ten years. The depression didn't end until 1941, about the time the U.S. entered WWII.

The New Deal was a miserable failure. It was recognized as such by FDR's own Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Morgenthau, Jr., testified as much in from of the House in 1939. FDR hated business people, and turned the NRA (National Recovery Act) goons loose on them. Fortunately the NRA was declared unconstitutional.

He also saddled the US with the largest unfunded mandate in the world - Social Security.

Dennis

14. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Goose...

Approval ratings... That's a good one...

You libs always did like staying with a sinking ship... That 80:20 ratio comes pretty close to matching the 3 out of 4 people in this country being challenged...

LWL

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

gooses pal,,,

16. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Obama is the worst.

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Goose, those approval ratings go right along with selective questioning. If you have a party for the democrats and then ask their opinion of Bill Clinton what should you expect. Then you turn around and ask the same guys about My President George Bush and then you can get those selective ratings. I know that I am from a small town and farming community but I travel a lot. I have yet to speak to anyone that approved so highly of Clinton. Jackie B.

18. Mapper

Mapper Member

I read the thing too. Bush actually is low in some catagories and middle in others. Some of those guys back before the Civil War(of Agression Against the South) were real turkeys, as was Lincoln's veep. Probably none should be judged until about 50 years after they leave office. I like Washington for #1, but then that's just me.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like Busch better even than Bud.

20. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I'm not a fan of W but he is nowhere near the worst. One of the most unpopular but there's a difference between doing a S*** job and being unpopular.

I agree with Paladin, Clinton was the worst. Sold Missle guidence technology to Chinese who then sold it to North Korea and now everyone else. Prior to the sale neither could hit themselves with a missle, now they can hit wherever they want. Gave Russia Military submarine technology. Cut the US Military to an almost irreparable level. Then after cutting our military past the quick, he sent them to Bosnia & Somalia without purpose, undermanned and ill equipped. We won't even go near his issues with women and his inability to tell the truth.

You think Bush is responsible for our economy? THINK Scarecrows!

Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. This along with signing NAFTA, voting to allow China into the WTO, our Present INEPT Congress and the liers from Fanny and Freddy put our economy where it is today. If you still believe that Bush put the economy where it is today, you head is now way too far up you **s you might want to pull it out and get some air.

Worst Presidents:
    #1 Bill Clinton
    #2 LBJ
    #3 Jimmy Carter

Shoot well, often and while you can. They'll be looking for another Trillion Dollars in a few months.
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.