1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best position to hold your gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hawk46, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

???
    Unless you're practicing your quick draw with a six-shooter, I'd recommend you hold it with both hands. :)
    Perhaps you omitted some details from your question?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Up against the perp's forehead.

HM

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Hit & run thread?? I hate it when they do that.

4. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

First, take your shoes and socks off. Then sit down on a bench and load your gun. Then, put the round end with the hole in it snugly into your shoulder where that little pocket is. Once there, stick your big toe into the trigger guard and press (or release)the trigger. The resultant mark on your shoulder will be a permanent reminder of where to mount the gun:)

5. Outdoors Junkie

Outdoors Junkie TS Member

The thread was supossed to have been deleted I was going to re phrase the question but You guys are so funny. After you put the shell in the little round hole and then put that big fat peice of wood next to your armpit. Where is the best place to point your gun HIGH OR LOW above the trap house?

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Glad to see you have a sense of humor Junkie. Everybody loves to have fun with those kinds of questions.

I'm not a regular trapshooter but personally, I hold just below the trap house and slightly to the right. The reason being that my problem birds are the one's that come out hard right (right-handed). I have more difficulty getting on those as quickly so it gives me a bit of a head start. Getting back left isn't such a problem for me. There probably aren't many that do this.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We had a guy who thought he'd try breaking a target standing atop the trap house and with his model 870tc, upside down and positioned over his head. Instead of laying the comb on top of his hat, he put the butt against his forehead. You know the rest. Not the best position I've seen but the funniest.

He had a tough time explaining the "U" shaped mark to his wife.

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Ha! His Old Grandad must have accompanied him to the range that day. Or he had a weekend pass from the State Hospital? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.