1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best place to stay for the grand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Willimon1, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Willimon1

Willimon1 Member

My wife and I are planning a trip to this years grand. We are trying to figure out the best place to stay without breaking the ban km Can anyone point us in a direction.

2. alf174

alf174 Member

You may have to drive a little bit. I stayed in Mt Vernon and there were various choices depending on price. About 75 minutes away. I'm sure there are others.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

We find every accomodation and every type of food we need in O'Fallon, IL. Prices are reasonable for what you get.

Bob

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Cardinal Classic, Marango Ohio.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sending you a PM

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I don't know what your bank is, but the best time I had at the Sparta Grand was in a rented/spotted(?) Travel trailer right on the grounds. A departed friend set it up, I wish I could remember the company. No doubt, someone will be on here with some good info for you. You should have a grand time (pun intended) if it isn't too hot.........

Kip

7. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a place also for the last 3 days of the Grand.

8. JT 27

JT 27 Member

There are several B & B s in Marissa Il. 5 minutes north of the main entrance. There are a couple of motels in Freeburg, Il. a very nice community 20 min.s from the Grand.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I sent two on here requesting lodging a PM with a great option. No thank you, no ok, no reply period. So I'll put it on here and first come first serve.

Calkidd from this forum came from CA last year for the Grand. He stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Chester, IL with an absolute gorgeous view overlooking the Mississippi River. I believe he said it included Breakfast and a bed time snack. Place was very clean and very quiet. $75/night was what he paid. They don't have many rooms so it won't last long. Chester is about 15-20 minutes from the WSRC where the Grand is held. That's a low traffic scenic drive. I'm sure a PM to him would get any additional questions answered.

I posted a link to their website above that has pictures of the B&B and contact info.

Your next best bet is the many Hotels in O'Fallon, IL and Fairview Heights, IL. They have many restaurants as well. Those towns are both off I-64 which is located North on Route 4 from the Shooting Complex.