1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST PLACE TO SEND BERETTA 391

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LMac, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMac

LMac TS Member

Where would be the best place to send a Beretta 391 for spring replacement and a quick turn-around >?

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Which spring?

3. LMac

LMac TS Member

The main recoil spring

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

It's not much harder than changing a light bulb. If you have about 15 to 20 minutes of time and are willing to follow simple instructions, you can do it yourself.

Easystreet

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Yep! Get the spring from a supplyer Brownells or Beretta has them.

6. LMac

LMac TS Member

Easystreet, does the tube that the spring is in come out of the receiver? I am asking for freind of mine, and he said he can't get that tube out of the receiver.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

He needs to take off the stock and remove the tube from the other end

8. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Lonnie:

The stock/recoil spring tube will unscrew from the receiver, but it is loc-tited in place and would need to be carefully heated first. But is is not necessary to do this to replace the recoil spring. The spring is held in the tube by a threaded cap in the back of the tube (also loc-tited) which needs to be unscrewed (being very careful to contain the spring). You may need to heat the rear of the tube to free the loc-tite (using hair dryer, etc) then unscrew the cap carefully. The tube has a pair of holes in it near the top where you can insert a small rod or the like to contain the spring from popping out as you remove the cap. Just do the whole thing carefully so as not to twist or distort the tube. Bolt, etc and trigger group should be removed before doing any of this of course. Springs are available from Coles, Beretta, Brownells, etc. I have several different springs I use depending on loads I am using (lightened spring for really light 3/4 ounce loads for instance) and often change out springs. Not a difficult job, but just take your time and use caution. Stock comes off easily by removing nut from stock retaining bolt (which is a part of the tube cap by the way) although you may have to find the proper tool to get down into the stock to reach the stock bolt nut.

Jim R

9. LMac

LMac TS Member

Jim , thanks for the info, I will pass that on. But would still like to know the best place to send the gun for other work and quick turn around, because Beretta takes forever.

10. LMac

LMac TS Member

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the info, I know Tron is a confessed true blue Beretta man. lol I will find his contact info and pass it on to my freind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 recoil spring replace