1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best place to hunt hogs in texas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapman99, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

Hello my buddy's and I r trying to plan a hog hunt in Texas we have never hunted Texas just wondering if anybody has any recommendations where we could go at a reasonable price.
    Any info would be helpful
    Thanks Jim arnold
    Jaelpaso@hotmail.com

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a place called Gilly's, the last time I was in there there were Pigs and Hogs all over the place ... The Devil made me do it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Jim, there is a website, hoghuntinghoghunting.com that has hunts. Looks like it might be a good deal.

GneJ

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

regards from iowa.

5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Sorry but Gilley's burned several years ago.. Yes there was some real Porkers there but not any more...

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Don't take this the wrong way but I would go to Florida. The place is overrun with the rodents.
    Joe

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Where are you from?? Texas is great if its close to you but lots of other great places closer I'm sure if you are not

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

WPT

didn't have any pork at Gilly's did you?

9. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

Gilly's pork was always sweet meat.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Gilley's is open, but they moved to Dallas

11. ounce-n-3/8s

ounce-n-3/8s TS Member

If you want to drive to Medford, Oregon, I can give you my ex-wife's address. It won't be very sporting though, because all it takes to call her in is a pack of Twinkies, a box of Chicken-in-a-bisket and a couch.

Bring a 1 Ton dually though......She's a monster!

Signed,
    Discruntled

12. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Jim, always sorry when nobody will make a good will stab at a question on this site! I'm no expert but have made many trips to Texas (20 plus) over the last thirteen year's with Hog's and varmints at the top of the list.

Reasonable is relative, if you like bow only the Texas shoot-out in February between cotulla and Laredo is cheap, interesting but primitive camping for the most part and a one time a year deal. I've never hunted hogs North of Llano and prefer south of Cotulla to get the real experience and better prices. Keep in mind I'm in Kentucky so it's 24-26 hour's from driveway to hunting spot and we used to take everything but the kitchen sink.

If you want something packaged with decent lodging, guides, somewhat of a guarantee and want to do it quick (3 day type hunt), it'll run $200.00 to $300.00 a day per hunter inclusive. That's for 1 or 2 hogs and several varmints a day. Tresspass fee, lousy lodging, on your own hunting and cooking runs $100. a day inclusive except travel. Hope this helps some!
    Eddie

13. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I agree with Eddie

I hunted this year Close to Knox City, Tx. Brazosriveroutfitters.com

River was dry but we got a few hogs and they had lots of feeders and cameras going. Really helped you out hunting.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The time I stopped at Gilleys and asked one of them Hogs to dance, she asked if I wanted to arm wrestle first ... I passed, she probably would of broke my arm ... I think I could of beat her though ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

In a pond.

Oh, wait, I thought this was " Where to hunt Frogs in Texas", sorry, LOL

16. glenns

glenns Member

LOL........................

17. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Wild River Ranch in Goliad. It's accessible from either the Houston or San Antonio airport.

This will be a night time hunt using suppressed AR15 rifles chambered in 6.8SPC and topped with PVS-14 night vision scopes. Your guide will use Helga, a thermal scope to locate game.

This is a fantastic hunt for an exceptionally reasonable price. The accommodations are excellent and food is out of this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best place to hunt hogs in texas

best place to shoot hog in texas

best places in texas to shoot pigs

best places to hunt hogs in texas