1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winselect, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winselect

winselect TS Member

Wher is the best place to order shot and have it shipped?

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If we knew where you are situated, we could give informed opinions.

3. akhunterphil

akhunterphil TS Member

I'm in Anchorage and would love to know where I could buy bulk and get a better deal. Shipping by barge is charged by dimension more than weight. I'd be willing to buy a few hundred pounds at a time for the right price.

Phil in Alaska

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Northwest Magnum shot by larry Stockton if you live out here in the northwest

5. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Phil in Alaska, my wife says that we would be thrilled to deliver in person. She just needs 2 inland passage cruise tickets and we will bring as much as they will allow without making the boat sink. Even if it is a massive 300 pound order. Terry

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

A few hundred pounds? To get price considerations and thinking "barge" shipment you should be talking about tons. I buy 1/2 ton at a time, only because more will overload my vehicle; but never get a price break for even an order of that size, unless it's the cash sale which saves the vendor credit card charge(s), although I'm thinking it would be the same for 10 bags or 80 (ton)

Best...mike

7. yhc

yhc Member

Good morning Phil,

I am also located in Anchorage area and am just getting into reloading shotgun shells. From what I have heard each spring there is a group buy that purchases lead in bulk. I am planning to partake in the group buy this spring. If you need more info you are welcome to PM me.

Regards,

8. winselect

winselect TS Member

I am located in west Texas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.