1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best place to actually shoot a variety of guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lel4866, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lel4866

lel4866 Member

I'm looking to buy a trap gun. But, I want to try shooting them before I buy. Where, in this great country, is a place I can go, that has a reasonable variety of "demo" guns (not necessarily for free), that I can try for 10-20 shots each?

The only caveat, is that I have to do this in 1 week in 1 geographic location. It could be a gun club, a store, or something like the Autumn Grand.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jaquas lots of guns and a place to shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Grand American would be another but it's only held once a year and August is a long way away. I think Docs suggestion is a good one. You could also just ask the fellas at the gun club if they would let you try their guns.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Satellite Grands are good, but none of them has the vendors of the Grand.

Your quandary's answer depends on what you are looking for.

If you are in the market for high end iron, the Grand is the place. you will be able to talk to manufacturer's people and have all your questions answered.

Many nice guns at the Satellite shoots, but many are in the hands of secondary vendors.

Jaqua's, Silver Dollar, and Indiana Gun Club are options, but your location may influence what you choose to do

HM

5. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

It may be too short of notice for you, but the Sporting Clays National Championship is at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio next week. Many of the vendors have permanent buildings and they should have trap guns on display as well as sporting. Demos are available.

5standdan_2011_251064.jpg

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jaquays has lots of new & used guns and a nice trap field. Good folks too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.