1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Place online to buy ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by watchknut, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchknut

watchknut TS Member

I am not able to attend any events where inexpensive ammo is available, and was wondering some of the better online options for purchasing ammo.

Thanks in advance. My interwebs skills did not bring me many options other than the mainstream sites.

2. indycamster

indycamster Member

I have had good prices and exceptional service on line with Recobs Target Shop.
    www.recobstargetshop.com
    Very good selection of Target shells, Federal Gold Metal (Paper and Plastic) Top Gun and Estates.
    If only UPS shipped cheaper....cost me about 10 bucks a flat to ship to my door in Indiana from Wisconsin.
    Take Care
    CAM

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Watch Cabela's they occasionally have free shipping and reasonable prices.Jerry

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Hook up on Cabelas web site, they have Winchester $5.29 per box 12 guage 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 # 8's right now with 1 cent shipping.

I just order'd 6 flats, no sales tax, no shipping, delivered to my front door.

Ya never know with Cabelas, but at least 2 to 3 times a year they have a good deal.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'll second Recob's. But I also live in Indiana. Components aren't bad either if you get a couple of others to absorb the $25 Haz-Mat. I've had good luck with Cabela's too, when they offer free shipping.

Wayne

6. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

If you shoot Federals, go to Rogers Sporting goods .... best prices that I have found anywhere.

Mike

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone has inexpensive ammo - seems like it costs alot everywhere. Cabelas does have a good selection and there is usually something on sale - I have bought alot of shotgun ammo from them on line. MidwayUSA is another good outfit to shop as is Natchez and several others.

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

CAC Associates in PA. has good deals on ammo, especially if you can get together a pallet order (approximately 96 flats). I shoot RIO'S for everything, and they are great shells, especially at under $50/flat, freight paid and delivered to eastern NY, no state tax load. They reload well once with the right components, then you dump them.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

You might want to look at Gamaliel Shooting supply in Ky.(Gamaliel.com) or Try Able ammo in texas as well. Both have good prices if your close enough to drive. Shipping seems to cost about a dollar a box to ship. I've seen free shipping from time to time from both Cablela's and Gamaliel as well. Not sure about Ableammo.com. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Gamaliel's wants $35 to ship to California...that is a non-starter!

Though free shipping on components is pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.