1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST PLACE FOR HAVING BARRELS BORED FOR CHOKES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DB Bill, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

The best --- Tom Wilkinson.

The good --- Briley.

The ugly --- Anyone operating out the back of their pick-up truck.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Carlsons in Atwood KS has done 3 barrels for me. Good quality work, reasonable cost, and pretty quick turn-around/

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wright's are darn good too.Depending on what type of gun you have. Why not get another barrel or too. I believe nothing beats a fixed barrel.

Phil Berkowitz

4. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

Another vote for Wilkinson, I've had several barrels with his choke work and the proof is looking at the choke after being shot, no black blow by on the choke when removed. That tells you how well the chokes actually fit.

Darrell

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

The ones mentioned are good....
    Another great option is Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy in Jones, OK (OK City area) Steve is a shooter and great gunsmith and makes a lot of stuff for other suppiers - (405) 399-2875

6. don q

don q TS Member

I have to agree with timb99, I went there and watched my TM-1 barrel get done. I was impressed the operation, very clean and exact. don q

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Randy Mitchell at Seminole Gunnworks in Florida does superb work as well. The thread system he uses keeps the chokes tight without a wrench. Thye don't come loose after hand tightening. Just a plus over some of the others.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have never been a big supporter of barrel alterations of any kind, that being said the last gun that I bought had been done by Wilkinson prior to my buying it ... I will tell you I am impressed with the way this barrel patterns and the overall density of the pattern it throws ... The Barrel was a big bore barrel from Perazzi and measured .736, now it measure .742 with a .035 restriction (choke) and its reduces targets to dust from the 27 yard line ... The gun is still new to me as I have only shot a few hundred targets with it but its coming around and my confidence level is increasing everytime I shoot it ... I'm a hard sell, but I think I'm convinced after seeing what it can do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Another vote for Seminole. I have an ASE90 that was threaded by them and their tubes installed. It shoots great and they are super nice people to work with as well.

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Ballistics Specialities...

11. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Ballistics Specialities...

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

If I were going to have a new (unthreaded) barrel done it would be with Tommy and a complete barrel package would be done.

If it was strictly and soley to tube a barrel, then Stu Wright would get the nod.

Whomever is chosen make sure they aren't practicing the procedure on a card table at a gun show or basement location and definetly not on the back of a pickup. If that threader is bending, STOP the individual!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.