1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Place for Discount on Dillon Precision Items?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

If I wanted to buy some caliber conversions, etc, where is the best place to do it with discounts? Many years ago, I used to buy from a guy that gave me good prices, but I can't find his info anymore.

Thanks

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I hate to say it but there are several Dillon dealers on Ebay that discount off retail.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Seems a lot of the eBay stuff goes so close to retail that paying shipping on individual items kills any discounts. Maybe if I could find a dealer that will take an order for a handful of items then some discount and combined shipping. That's what I used to do before, but I just can't find the guy's contact info anywhere.

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Did you find a complete Dillon SL900? Dave T.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Here's the thing Dillon started out direct sales only, then they decided to have a dealer chain, once they got a bunch of dealers established with a lot of their merchandise in stock they went back to selling direct at a price that made it hard for the dealers to compete with Dillon. Now the regular dealers get about 20 percent off Dillon list unless Dillon is running a special. That's why there's not a whole lot of Dillon dealers with a lot of stock, can't blame them, they have to compete directly with the manufactor with a very low profit margin. I'd say 10 percent is about all you can expect to save unless you find a dealer who want's to dump his stock.

Flame all you want to guys, Dillon has a cult following and they do make decent machines but that is the truth about the way they treated their dealers and how they do business.

6. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

I am going to post for a friend a Square Dillon B Progressive Reloader with .45 &38 dies very little use and quite a few extras, $425.00 plus S&H
    and ins $30.00 US only

Pete Archibald

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

Find out what the price is from Dillon, including shipping. Then go to ebay. Even if you get a "bad" part or press from ebay, you can still return it to Dillon. They have even told me that a guarantee is a guarantee, regardless of ownership.

I love my Dillon machines! And their customer service can't be beat.

Bruce

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Dave, nope still looking for that SL900. Doesn't seem to be many around.

That's basically what I was hoping to find was like 10% off and maybe free shipping for a sizeable order, but no one seems to discount.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You are one "cheap" guy.

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Well yes when ONE full caliber conversion costs over $300 then yes I am "cheap"!

11. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Tried to get some stuff on eBay last night...it was feeding frenzy, not even a chance for most items!

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

vpr80: Geee, now I feel bad. I thought for sure you'd put one up around the holidays. Dave T.

13. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

vpr80, Besides being cheap and for the most part trying to buy a Cadillac at a VW price, what do you call it? You will get tired of scrounging around trying to get one for free and annie up like everyone else has. Is it really worth your measly 10%?

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

threeduces, no it's not for the small stuff, but I don't have $1000 for the SL900 so that one is worth looking around for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best price on dillon sl900