1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best over/under for trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

HI,

Im sure this has been discussed several times before, but i was wondering what would be the best over and under for shooting trap. Im not talking guns that are over about $4000. I was actually trying to decide between about 4 to 5 different guns. The browning xt, the beretta 682 or 686, the skb 85tts or ttr, and the winchester model 101. Help appreciated. If anyone knows of any of ethese for sale please let me know.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with the XT or the 682. As I am a Beretta fan my recommendation is the 682 with 32" barrels. It will last you a lifetime. Ed

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

682 is the best value for the dollar for its price range.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

allthough I love my XT, joel etchen(google it) has some great looking beretta guns for that range. I would be tempted also to get a Browning Cynergy Trap Combo.......look into it. SHOOT as many guns as you can.

5. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well it looks like the 682 is the winner, but i was also wondering if i should just get the combo. I am shooting a bt 99 and shooting it farely well right now, but i was thinking it would be better to have the same sight picture for singles handicaps and doubles.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9935_13769_31_296&products_id=103905 check it out. joel also has great deals on brownings. clearence sale going on also on beretta

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You can do this. Purchase a 682 single or O/U. You then can add to the gun as needed. I originally purchased a 682 O/U. Then found an unsingle barrel and made myself a combo. (In most cases all barrels are interchangeable). Yes, the #'s don't match; but everything works!! And I don't have a "ton" of money in it.. Ed

8. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thanks ed, that was another question i had. I didnt know if the 682 barrels were interchangeable or not.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

joel etchens web site is worth the look just to see so many nice guns. 4k buys you a sweet combo. He also has some great used guns.

10. djcuda

djcuda Member

Have you considered a Browning Citori Plus?
    Dave

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The Cynergy has mechanical triggers, does it not? A real selling point compared to the Beretta's.

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The gun to get is the one that fits you and your style of shooting. If you can find a deal on a used gun and pay to have it fit that's the best bet.

Joe

13. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well im gavent shot the cynergy yet, but i have shot the 682. the cynergy looks nice but im not sure. Can u buy the cynergy over/under and then by an unsingle barrel for it?

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

99, I am going to say no on the barrel. Not 100% on that though. You say your looking in the 4k area no?? The cynergy trap combo is 3999.00 Also many combos both new and used at joel etchen guns. Have you looked? many many nice guns on there. I would also check out silverdollarfirearms.com seen many good deals there also. Man I cant wait until I have some xtra$$$ to buy something new or new to me.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Krieghoff Model 32!!

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

What does the cynergy retail for?

17. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

Hi 99,
    On one note barrells are interchangable but you will most likely have to get it fitted. I have a BT 99 also and just purchased a 682 combo and love it. If you think you want another barrell later, I'd suggest spring for the combo now it'll be cheaper in the long run. I wanted an unsingle, and soley shoot single and caps, but for the price of the other barrell that's in a combo set it was a no brainer to buy it all at once. If you get the Beretta you'll love it, but the Browning is also a very good gun and served me well for years, I just wanted a change.

Good luck,
    Pat

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

19. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

I have an old Beretta 682x combo and it is the best. You can't go wrong with Beretta.

20. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I have actually looked at the K-32 but havent found anything really. If anybody knows where i could get one used cheap thatg would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best over and under for teap
best over and under for trap
best over under

best over under for trap

best over under trap gun
best trapover under
over and under trap guns
top trap over under