1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Oil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SouthMetro Shooter, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Hey guys I am currently using Break Free CLP on my Beretta 390 and I am finding that I have to hose the moving parts down in this oil solution to get any wear protection. In other words, the parts are getting shiny and worn fast. Noticabely so. What Oil do you guys use in Autos and find works best in Autos. 390 experience would be awesome.

Thanks guys, I am just trying to get the most longevity as possible out of my firearm.
    Matt C.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

BreakFree CLP is what our military is using on their light infantry weapons, including M4.

I think if BreakFree CLP can handle M4 under automatic firing cycle, it should be more than enough for 390.

As oil is concern, I personally use BreakFree CLP on all my firearm's "oil" applications.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Break Free CLP is the best i have found for autos. What you are seeing is the bluing wearing off not metal wear. At least that is my guess. I have used it since the mid 90's on all my 303's and 390's with great success. One 303 has over 80,000 thru it. It does look pretty used though.lol

4. ctreay

ctreay Member

I use the same oil I use in my car. Mobil 1, 0w40

ctreay

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Break Free also makes LP which is Lube/Protectant, and Collector, which is for long term storage. CLP is Cleaner/Lubricant/Protectant. It's more suited for guns like AR's that build up excessive carbon in the action. CLP is great stuff, But It was not meant to be a heavy duty Lubricant.

6. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Okay thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.