1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Best O/U to buy for under $5,000??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chadmillard, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chadmillard

chadmillard TS Member

What would be the best over under to buy for under 5,000?

Looking for it to be a versitale gun, shoot trap and sporting clay.

I am 6'8 so longer guns tend to fit me better. I have been thinking about the beretta 682 e, but I just want to hear some other opinions and options.

I do want a versitale gun though...I am not sure if i want just a trap specific gun. Any info would be much appreciated

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just no way to beat a Browning for the money .

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have a Perazzi MX8 receiver, trigger, and forend iron on here for sale. I want $1750.00 for it. you find a used set of barrels, and a nice stock - you will have a very nice O/U for around $3500.00

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

4. chadmillard

chadmillard TS Member

can you send me pictures to chadmillard@gmail.com when you get a chance?

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Chad there are pics on a thread: Still for sale Perazzi MX Series. It is close to the top.

Matt

6. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

Browning has my vote

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Beretta gets my vote for the money 682 good choice

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

chadmillard, The 682 gold E is a very nice a solid gun. It will last you a lifetime if you take care of it. I find Beretta's fit a bit differently than the Brownings. Most people I know like one or the other, but not both, as a rule of thumb. If you buy the 682 or any Beretta, make sure you get the newer Optibore choked barrels. These are overbored barrels and help with patterning and recoil. Browning has the same thing only they call it the invector PLUS choke instead, of the older invector choke. Both guns are work horses and will serve you well. Only you can decide which type of stock fits you better for your style of shooting. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

9. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

A Beretta 682 Gold (greystone) would be hard to beat. But you might luck out on a Perazzi MX-8 in good condition.

10. sixten38

sixten38 Member

If you want a new gun a Browning Citori a Beretta 68x or a Caesar Guerini summit fit in your price range nicely, you should try to find a late model used one of the above first and you will save some cash if you decide to sell/upgrade later. Also know that guns with 30 inch or longer barrels have best resale at this time, 28 or shorter are a good deal in the used market if that is what you like. Like a new car let the first buyer take the appreciation hit. If the gun has no adjustability ie comb or butt expect to spend another $100-400 getting it to fit you correctly. Good luck, I love shoppin for cars and guns. Dave

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you search long and hard enough, there are Kolars and Krieghoff over/unders out there around 5k.

12. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

A Caesar Guerini is within Your budget. I've got a Summit 34" unsingle and love it.

FN in MT

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Is this a trick question? A used Perazzi in good shape is the only right answer to this question. Jake

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

A gun for trap and sporting clay a Beretta 682 or 687 with 32" would work just fine. Other that would work like a Browning 525,625 32", Cynergy sporting 32"
    The Browning are a little barrel heavy so you my want to try a 30". I like the 32" the best.
    Caesar Guerini or a Perazzi are also very good but they are getting up to your limit of funds. If you realy like these gun you can always find a few hundred more.
    John

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

JoeE1 has a deal $1650.00 for a Browning Cynergy 32" is a good buy.
    John

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Chad I sent you a PM. Jake

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Check out the new Winchester 101 trap, two shooters I know have them & they like the guns---they're made in Belgium by FN----use the same barrels & chokes like Browning (Invector)---use the same locking system as Beretta ( 2 tapered pins)---these guns are totally different than the old 101's---one of the shooters has an old "war" injury and comfort is very important. With the money you save you can get the gun really tricked out, recoil system, triggers, adj. ribs or a custom stock.

Lou

18. Rem 1100

Rem 1100 Member

I have a "like new" Perazzi mx8 sporting, 31.5", 1.57 kg, 18.4 bore .725,15" lop, selectable trigger, with teague chokes for sale.
    Does all games very well! $5,700.

Chuck H

19. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

$1750.00 with 6 Seminole chokes or $1600.00 with the 3 factory browning flush chokes. Either way enjoy finding the perfect gun the hunt is better than the kill!<a href="http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/jjps/?action=view&current=IMG_1389.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Buy a brand new Beretta combo set from Joel Etchen (or someone else) for less than the $5K and have the complete set. No sense in settling for inferior grades and makes.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best used perazzi to buy